Here’s a quick guide on how to post articles, reviews and blogs as well as inserting photos and photo galleries.
Step 1 – Posting articles, reviews and blogs
- Click on Posts
- Click on Add New
- Enter the Title of the article, post or review
- Enter the text and contents
- Select the correct Category
- Click on Insert Read More icon to separate the intro text
- If your article has more pages … then use the Page break icon
Step 2 – Mandatory: Now we do some SEO …
- Copy Focus key words from the title of your article. Example above: “biggest and best”
- Enter the correct Tags
- Click Edit Snippet
- Copy the first paragraph of your article/post into the Meta Description
Check that both boxes A and B has the keywords as in the Focus Keyword and Tags
- When you’re ready you can click Publish 🙂
Step 3 – Mandatory: Inserting SINGLE Photos in your articles
You can insert single images/photos using WordPress’s own media tool. This would be good for news posts or article posts.
If you already have a photo gallery of a review product, and would like to select one of the photos from the gallery to insert as a single photo, please see Step 5 and Step 6.
- To insert a single photo in your article, click on Add Media icon (circled in RED).
- Click Insert Media
- Upload Files
- Drag and Drop your photos or upload via browser
- Insert photos once photos have been uploaded … SEE BELOW
- Select Media Library
- Click on the single photo you want to insert
- Select the size of the photo … I usually select Full Size (so remember to resize your photos to 1024×768 or 800×600 – to save bandwidth 😉
- Now you can Insert into post
Step 4 – Mandatory: Insert a Featured Image
- On the bottom right of the editor, you’ll see Set Featured Image. Select it.
- A new Insert Media window will open (like step 3). Select the photo you want to use as the featured image.
Step 5 – Optional: Inserting Photo Gallery into your articles
If you have a photo gallery of a review product already, and would like to select one of the photos from the gallery to insert as a single photo … First, you need to create your gallery, see below.
We’ll be using the built-in WordPress Photo Gallery maker.
Click on the “Add Media” icon …
- Click Create Gallery
- Select the photos you want to add to the gallery
- Click Create a new gallery
The next page will be shown below …
- Select the number of columns
- I recommend selecting Medium or Large (mostly I use medium)
- Now click Insert gallery
That’s it! But I hope this guide will help you post articles, reviews and blogs, as well as inserting photos and photo galleries with ease.