Here’s a quick guide on how to post articles, reviews and blogs as well as inserting photos and photo galleries.
Step 1 – Posting articles, reviews and blogs
- Click on Posts
- Click on Add New
- Enter the Title of the article, post or review
- Enter the text and contents
- Select the correct Category
- Click on Insert Read More icon to separate the intro text
- If your article has more pages … then use the Page break icon
Step 2 – Mandatory: Now we do some SEO …
- Copy Focus key words from the title of your article. Example above: “biggest and best”
- Enter the correct Tags
- Click Edit Snippet
- Copy the first paragraph of your article/post into the Meta Description
Check that both boxes A and B has the keywords as in the Focus Keyword and Tags
- When you’re ready you can click Publish 🙂
Step 3 – Mandatory: Inserting SINGLE Photos in your articles
You can insert single images/photos using WordPress’s own media tool. This would be good for news posts or article posts.
If you already have a photo gallery of a review product, and would like to select one of the photos from the gallery to insert as a single photo, please see Step 5 and Step 6.
- To insert a single photo in your article, click on Add Media icon (circled in RED).
- Click Insert Media
- Upload Files
- Drag and Drop your photos or upload via browser
- Insert photos once photos have been uploaded … SEE BELOW
- Select Media Library
- Click on the single photo you want to insert
- Select the size of the photo … I usually select Full Size (so remember to resize your photos to 640×480 – to save bandwidth 😉
- Now you can Insert into post
Step 4 – Mandatory: Insert a Featured Image
- On the bottom right of the editor, you’ll see Set Featured Image. Select it.
- A new Insert Media window will open (like step 3). Select the photo you want to use as the featured image.
Step 5 – Optional: Inserting Photo Gallery into your articles
If you have a photo gallery of a review product already, and would like to select one of the photos from the gallery to insert as a single photo … First, you need to create your gallery, see below.
- We use NextGen Photo Gallery as shown by the green icon (circled above).
- Click on Add Gallery/Images
- Click Add Files
- Enter a name for your photo gallery. Basically, they are folders. I recommend you use this format … yourname_productname_gallerynumber , for example:
- etc …
- Click Start Upload
- Click Manage Galleries
- Click on the gallery name you just created
- Enter a short description for your gallery
- Click Save Changes
- Click Display Galleries
- Select the Display Type (type of gallery you want to display)
- Click What would you like to display?
- Select Sources: Gallery
Select Galleries: The gallery you just named and uploaded
- Click Save.
Step 6 – Optional: Inserting a SINGLE photo from your gallery into your articles
- Click Add Media
- Click NextGen Gallery
- Select the Photo Gallery name (where the photo is located)
- Click Select
- Click Show to select the single photo
- Optional: Enter the description if you haven’t already
- Center your photo
- Select Full Size
- Click Insert into Post when done
Wow … that was quite long! But I hope this guide will help you post articles, reviews and blogs, as well as inserting photos and photo galleries with ease.