Page 2 of 12
Direct from ASRock.com!
- Premium Gold Caps
- Digi Power Design, 16 + 8 Power Phase Design
- Supports Dual Channel DDR3 2800+(OC)
- 2 x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots, Supports AMD Quad CrossFireX™, 3-Way CrossFireX, CrossFireX™ and NVIDIA® Quad SLI™, SLI™
- Supports Broadcom Dual PCIE GLAN with Teaming function
- Supports Intel® HD Graphics with Built-in Visuals
- Dual VGA Output options : HDMI, DisplayPort
- Combo Cooler Option (C.C.O.)
- 7.1 CH HD Audio with Content Protection (Realtek ALC898 Audio Codec), Supports THX TruStudio™
- Supports ASRock XFast RAM, XFast LAN, XFast USB, OMG, Internet Flash, UEFI System Browser
- Supports Fatal1ty F-Stream, Fatal1ty Mouse Port
- Supports Intel® Smart Connect, Intel® Rapid Start, Lucid Virtu Universal MVP
- Free Bundle : 1 x Front USB 3.0 Panel, 1 x Rear USB 3.0 Bracket, CyberLink MediaEspresso 6.5 Trial, ASRock MAGIX Multimedia Suite
That's not all though!
XFast 555 Technology : XFast RAM / XFast LAN / XFast USB
Virtu Universal MVP - Uncompromised Game Response Performance
ASRock motherboard support Lucid Virtu Universal MVP technology that improves your PC’s visuals, with faster response times, improved video processing and smoother media playback, all with low power consumption. Brilliantly designed for gaming, Virtu Universal MVP™ switchable graphics software assigns tasks dynamically to the best graphics resource and features two exciting techniques – HyperFormance™ and Virtual Vsync™.
- HyperFormance™ :
- A new technology which combines integrated and discrete graphics for uncompromised performance and improves gaming frame rates 30-70%. It’s also supported with both ATI™ and NVIDIA® graphics cards.
- Boosts responsiveness and FPS of any game
- Improves gaming frame rates 30-70%
- Increases Vsync frame rates - 120 FPS+
- Sharpens visual quality without tearing
- Works seamlessly with hundreds of games
- Virtual Vsync :
A technology designed to solve the ever lasting debate between quality and performance. Bring GPU performance from 60 FPS Vsync limit back to its maximum while keeping Vsync image quality and no tearing.
- Switchable Graphics :
Dynamically assigns tasks to the best graphics resource regardless of physical cable connections. * LucidLogix Virtu MVP is only supported under Windows® 7 OS or later versions.
- Intel® Smart Connect Technology
Intel® Smart Connect Technology keeps content always up-to-date! It means that your email, favorite apps, and social networks are continually and automatically updated even when the system is asleep. Smart Connect will periodically wake up the PC while in a sleep state and check updates for things like email, Twitter, Facebook, etc. No more waiting for the latest world news or friends’ updates to be delivered—just enable this function and you’re up-to-date and ready to go.* Intel® Smart Connect Technology is only supported under Windows® 7 OS or later versions.
- Intel® Rapid Start Technology
Intel® Rapid Start Technology gets your device up and running faster from even the deepest sleep, saving time and battery life. It quickly returns where you left off with a PC that goes from deep-sleep to full awake in a flash. The ultra-responsive capability gives your device the power to quickly resume to Windows® 7 OS within few seconds and ensures ultra-low power consumption when on standby. With Intel® Rapid Start Technology, users can jump right back into everything they were doing! * Intel® Rapid Start Technology is only supported under Windows® 7 OS or later versions.
- ASRock OMG (Online Management Guard)
Fast, Easy and Free – ASRock OMG technology allows you to establish an internet curfew or restrict internet access at specified times. Administrators are able to schedule the starting and ending hours of internet access granted to other users. Normally, ISPs (Internet Service Provider) will charge for internet curfew service. The service controls “all” the PCs connected at home through network remotely but all the PCs in that network will be restricted to access the internet at pre-setup times. However, ASRock OMG is a free tool for controlling internet access of each single PC. Parents can easily control internet access through BIOS setup to protect their kids from using Internet at inappropriate time, and meanwhile, enjoy their own internet space.
- Internet Flash
Internet Flash searches for available UEFI firmware updates from ASRock servers. System can auto-detect the latest UEFI from our servers and flash them within UEFI setup without entering Windows® OS.
- Premium Gold Caps - Top-Class Quality Guaranteed
Premium Gold Caps are luxury capacitors. These 100% Japan-made solid capacitors are sleek, high gloss caps with a premium gold coating representing long life and stable performance.
- Digi Power - More Precise, More Efficient
By adopting digital pulse-width modulation (PWM), the ASRock motherboard can provide CPU Vcore voltage more efficiently and smoothly. Compared to analog PWM, digital PWM can optimize the CPU power solution and provide a proper and stable Vcore for the processor.
- 16+8 Power Phase
To improve CPU power solution, this board is designed with the advanced 16+8 power phase design which signatures tough components and smooth power delivery to the CPU.
- 4 x DDR3 2800+(OC)
This motherboard unlocks maximum memory performance, coming with 4 DIMM slots for dual-channel memory, supporting up to DDR3 2800+ (OC) MHz!
- Dual LAN - Teaming
Dual LAN with Teaming function enabled on this motherboard allows two single connections to act as one single connection for twice the transmission bandwidth, making data transmission more effective.
Fatal1ty Mouse Port
Fatal1ty Mouse Port is a customizable technology for PC gamers that is a part of F-Stream. After plugging the USB mouse into the Fatal1ty Mouse Port and running F-Stream, gamers can use Fatal1ty’s personal preferred mouse polling rate at 500 Hz. F-Stream also provides the flexibility for gamers to adjust the mouse polling rate from 125 Hz to 1000 Hz. This is helpful for professional gamers to experience smoother game play and faster response time to the mouse.
1. Some USB mice may not support 1000 Hz mouse polling rate.
2. The Fatal1ty mouse port does not support USB 2.0 mouse.
3. The Fatal1ty mouse port may not support some wireless USB mice.
4. The Fatal1ty mouse port does not support the USB mouse which is connected to the USB hub.
Next-Gen PCI-E 3.0 Support
The ASRock motherboards support the Next-Gen PCI-E 3.0! PCI Express 3.0 can maximize the bandwidth for the next-gen PCI Express 3.0 VGA cards, provide ultimate graphics performance.
Get PCI-E 3.0 Benefits
• Higher bit rate - 8.0GT/s
• Higher bandwidth per lane - 1GB/s
• Higher efficiency - 98.5% encoding efficiency
• 100% backward compatible with previous PCI-E 2.0 / 1.0 standard
||Raw bit rate
||Bandwidth per lane per direction
PCIe Gen3 is supported on 3rd Generation of Intel® Core i5 and Core i7 CPUs.
Intel® HD Graphics Built-in Visuals
Intel® HD Graphics, simplifies your designs by eliminating additional discrete graphics hardware, while integrating stunning visuals and performance for immersive gaming.
Note: Intel® HD Graphics Built-in Visuals is supported only with processors which are GPU integrated.
THX TruStudio is specially designed to bring the same great audio experience found in live performances, films, and recording studios to the PC.
Graphical UEFI – The Revolutionary BIOS Interface
Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) is a revolutionary BIOS utility which offers tweak-friendly options in an advanced viewing interface. Compared with traditional BIOS design, the latest UEFI utility provides lots improved functions. The major features of UEFI include:
1. Graphical Visual Experience – UEFI provides an improved visual interface with colorful icons and makes your computing environment more versatile to replace the traditional dull BIOS page.
2. Mouse Enabling – Besides keyboard control, you can freely use mouse to select your ideal settings in UEFI as well.
3. Supports 3TB bootable HDD - UEFI breaks the limitations of 2TB bootable HDD on traditional BIOS. With UEFI, you can enjoy 3TB bootable HDD size.*
*Windows® Vista™ 64bit or Windows® 7 64bit OS is required.
UEFI System Browser
UEFI system browser is a useful tool included in graphical UEFI. It can detect the devices and configurations that users are currently using in their PC. With the UEFI system browser, you can easily examine the current system configuration in UEFI setup.
Fatal1ty F-Stream – The All-in-1 Tuning Software
The Fatal1ty F-Stream tuning program is an all-in-1 software utility that supports overclocking and hard-ware tuning such as energy usage, H/W monitor, fan speed control, Fatal1ty Mouse Port Configuration and XFast RAM.
In Hardware Monitor, it shows the major readings of your system.
In Fan Control, it shows the fan speed and temperature for you to adjust.
In Overclocking, you are allowed to adjust the CPU frequency, ratio and some voltages for optimal system performance.
In Mouse Polling, gamers can freely adjust the mouse polling rate. In Energy Saving, the voltage regulator can reduce the number of output phases to improve efficiency when the CPU cores are idle without sacrificing computing performance.
In XFast RAM, it fully utilizes the memory space that cannot be used under Windows® OS 32-bit CPU.
That is one hell of a list, there's all kinds of great stuff up there. I'll be testing a fair bit of it later in the review of course.