The brightness dimming methods of conventional LED-backlit monitors cause many people to see flicker which results in eye fatigue. EIZO uses its own hybrid technology that makes flicker unperceivable even at low brightness levels. Furthermore, in dimly-lit work environments, brightness is adjustable to about 1 cd/m2 which is less than 1% of the maximum. EIZO incorporates its own EcoView technologies to cut down on power consumption. EcoView Optimizer 2 saves power by reducing the backlight brightness and increasing the gain on screens consisting mostly of dark content. Auto EcoView automatically adjusts the screen’s brightness in accordance with changes in the ambient brightness to trim power usage while reducing eye fatigue. A presence sensor called EcoView Sense detects when the user leaves the desk and automatically switches to power save mode. When the user returns then EcoView Sense powers the monitor on again. This feature detects both the user’s movements and body heat for increased accuracy. With these technologies, typical power consumption is just 12 watts.
Furthermore the monitor includes the preset mode ‘Paper Mode’ which adjusts the color temperature of the screen to make it appear just like real paper. By reducing the color temperature, blue light is decreased which has been linked to eye fatigue. This makes Paper Mode ideal for reading documents and word processing without tiring.
- One DisplayPort, DVI-D 24 pin, and D-Sub mini 15 pin input terminal
- USB hub with one upstream and two downstream ports
- Dual 1-watt internal speaker with a stereo and headphone jack
- sRGB, Movie, Paper, and two user-adjustable preset modes
- Zero watts of power consumed when the main power switch is off
- Energy Star and TCO Certified Displays 7 compliance
- Available in a cabinet color choice of black or gray
FlexScan EV2430 – Eizo FlexScan EV2430 24-inch Monitor
Date of availability varies by country so contact the EIZO subsidiary or distributor in your country for details.