Today we’ll be taking a quick look at the ANQ 4031 HDMI Switch with 3 HDMI input plus remote control.
After moving to our new studio/office, we installed and wall-mounted a nice 55″ LED TV for entertaining our guests. There was only one problem … there was just too many loose and unsightly cables hanging down from the TV. The solution was to install a slim cable trunk, but the thing is … cable trunks are pretty narrow and you can only fit around 2-3 cables max.
So, I had to figure out what essential cables I needed.
- Power cable for the TV
- TV coaxial cable
- Single high quality HDMI cable
Now, for my next question … is a single HDMI cable enough. H3LL no! So what do I do? Well, I got myself one of these … a HDMI Switch that can supports up to 4K x 2K / 30Hz, 1080P / 120Hz, 1080P 3D / 60Hz, with 3 HDMI inputs plus remote control. Now this should provide the solution to all my HDMI needs.
The ANQ – 4031 HDMI switch with 3 inputs ports and 1 output port, which means you will select one of the 3 HDMI source to an HD display by IR remote controller or manual button.
Watching high-definition videos at home, it is the perfect choose for home theater systems.
– 3 inputs and 1 output, LED for each input circuit status visible
– Supports most HDMI signal source such as HD DVD player, PS3, Xbox, set-top-box, etc.
– High bandwidth capability supports up to 4K x 2K / 30Hz, 1080P / 120Hz, 1080P 3D / 60Hz
– Comes with 24K gold plated HDMI ports, ensures superior signal transmission
– Easy to use, plug and play, no need to install extra drivers
– Support definition: 4K x 2K 60Hz (Max.), 1080P 120Hz, 1080P 3D 60Hz
– Independent audio output: 3.5mm audio (Analog) + TOSLINK (Digital)
– Audio return channel: ARC out
– Audio In TMDS: up to 32 channels audio, HiFi up to 1536KHz sample rate
– Clock frequency: 250MHz
– Support definition: HDTV
– Video output: HDMI + HDCP 2.2
– Frame frequency: video bandwidth and CLK frequency: 18Gbps / 250M
– Color space: support SYCC601, ADOBE RGB, ADOBEYCC601
– HDMI version: HDMI 2.0
– Power adapter: DC 5V / 1A
– Interface: 3 female to 1 male
– Support 3D: yes
– Battery type: CR2025 lithium metal battery (included)
– Distance: 6 – 8m
|Specifications||Model Number: ANQ – 4031|
|Dimensions and Weight||Product weight: 0.1600 kg
Package weight: 0.3000 kg
Product Size(L x W x H): 12.90 x 6.20 x 1.70 cm / 5.08 x 2.44 x 0.67 inches
Package Size(L x W x H): 20.10 x 14.50 x 5.30 cm / 7.91 x 5.71 x 2.09 inches
|Package Contents||Package Contents: 1 x ANQ – 4031 HDMI Switch, 1 x Remote Controller, 1 x USB Cable, 1 x English User Manual|
The unit is surprisingly small and compact, measuring only 12.90 x 6.20 x 1.70 cm and weighs just 160g.
On the front of the switch, you’ll find the select button, indicators for IR, power, HDMI 1 to 3, and the power button.
The chassis/casing of the unit is made from brushed Aluminium, which I really like. It makes the unit look very stylish and dare I say expensive. LOL.
At the rear of the unit, you can see the HDMI output and 3 x HDMI inputs. On the left side, there’s an audio jack and the DC 5V, while on the right side, there’s a TOSLINK (Toshiba Link) for optical audio cable.
The unit comes with a simple remote control (battery included). You can power the unit, switch between 3 HDMI channels, and enable PIP.
Installation and setup was easy. Just plug all your HDMI cables into the unit and use the remote control to select your HDMI source at will. The USB power cable was a little odd. I didn’t like it. I wished it was a micro or mini USB instead.
Verdict and Conclusion
The ANQ 4031 HDMI Switch (with 3 HDMI inputs plus remote control) is the perfect answer for any user facing the same HDMI issues as me. All I need is just one HDMI cable to connect to the TV. For all other AV equipment which requires HDMI ports … I just plug them in to the ANQ 4031 HDMI Switch (up to 3). What’s even better, I don’t have to physically get up and select the HDMI channel. Using the included remote control, I can do it from the comfort of my chair.
Build quality was surprisingly good. I like the brushed Aluminium casing, which gives a sleek look. The unit is compact, light-weight and supports 4K x 2K 60Hz (Max.), 1080P 120Hz, 1080P 3D 60Hz.