In this article we will be showing you how to pair two Sabinetek Bluetooth microphones together, the SmartMike Silver and SmartMike+, so that you can use it on 3rd party apps, such as Facebook LIVE, YouTube LIVE, Twitch TV and even with the phone’s own video recorder.
When you purchase any single Sabinetek Bluetooth microphone, you are forced to use their own App, which is more than good enough for vlogging and recording video footage. However, a single Sabinetek mic can’t be used on 3rd party apps. This is clearly stated on their website.
It is not a fault nor a defect, but rather something to do with the smartphone’s Bluetooth function both on the iPhone and Android. So to get this working, you need to purchase their 2 pack version or alternatively, use 2 separate Sabinetek mics and pair them together. What that means, is that one of the mics will become a receiver, while the other will become a transmitter. We’ll use the Sabinetek SmartMike Silver and SmartMike+ as an example.
Together Via Sound, Sabinetek, founded in 2014 by a group of scientists who shared this common vision. They came from leading research institutions such as Academia Sinica, Bell Labs, and Huawei Research Institute, and brought with them expertise in fields ranging from acoustics and telecommunications to electronic engineering.
With over five years of development, Sabinetek is now an innovative technology company with a particular strength and global leadership position in mobile internet acoustics, audio processing and communication. The company’s core acoustic processing and communication technologies can widely applied in a wide range of acoustic terminals such as headphones, microphones, sound cards or interfaces and speakers. Its products are compatible with most of the mainstream smart systems in the market, and can significantly enhance users’ acoustic experience in music entertainment, online education, corporate meetings and communication, content production and transmission, live broadcasting, voice intelligence, healthcare, and other applicable scenarios. Its Acoustic Communication Network project represents an integrated, one-stop strategic approach aiming to enable people’s acoustic interconnection via wireless portable devices.
Sabinetek SmartMike Silver (as a receiver)
Sabinetek SmartMike+ (as a transmitter)
How to pair and activate transmitter/receiver mode
Watch the video below to see how to pair the 2 Sabinetek mics together. One of the mics will become the receiver, while the other will become the transmitter. In this example, we’ll use the Sabinetek SmartMike Silver as the receiver, and the SmartMike+ as the transmitter.
Things you’ll need …
- 2 Sabinetek Bluetooth mics (either Sabinetek SmartMike+, SmartMike Silver or SmartMike Silver)
- TRS/TRRS cable (4-pin for iPhone, 3-pin for DSLR cameras)
- For iPhone you’ll need a Lightning to 3.5mm headphone jack adapter
Connecting these 2 mics together could be simplier. First of all you’ll need to pair them up via Bluetooth.
- Step 1: Make sure the Bluetooth on your iPhone/Smartphone is disabled
- Step 2: Just press and hold the power button on one of the mics for around 10-12 seconds. It will initially flash rapidly with a blue LED … BUT keep holding the power button until it flashes green and red alternating. This is now ready to paid with the other mic.
- Step 3: Hold the power button on the other mic for around the same 10-12 seconds. Again it initially flash rapidly with a blue LED, keep holding the power button until the blue LED flashes slowly. You will notice that the first mic will slowly flash green only (instead of green and red alternating)
- Step 4: The 2 mics are now paired. Use the first mic (SmartMike+) as the transmitter. Clip it on your shirt and it’s ready to go.
- Step 5: Connect one end of the TRRS cable to the 2nd mic (SmartMike Silver) and then connect the other end of the cable to your Smartphone or iPhone’s Lightning to 3.5mm headphone dongle.
You are now ready to use the Sabinetek mics to record your video, using the phone’s camera/video app or any 3rd party apps, like Facebook LIVE, YouTube LIVE and Twitch TV for streaming. Now, one word of advice. To get the best reception for audio recording, make sure the Sabinetek mic for the receiver end is visible (in line of sight) and not hidden away.
When it comes to using these mics on 3rd party apps, the Sabinetek’s 2 pack bundle (or 2 mic solution if you bought them separately) is the perfect solutuon. They’re probably the best wireless Bluetooth, lavalier lapel microphones that I’ve used for live streaming. It’s easy to setup and offers excellent audio recording thanks to its active noise cancelling. No more clambering over lavalier microphone cables or putting up with bad audio recording. Just clamp the Sabinetek SmartMike+ to your shirt, connect the other mic as the receiver end to the phone, and away you go! You can even use this whole setup on your DSLR cameras too!
You can buy the following items on Amazon …
- Sabinetek SmartMike+ … USD $139.99 Amazon Link – https://amzn.to/2YLk6GM
- Sabinetek SmartMike Silver … USD $99 Amazon Link – https://amzn.to/3reZYsx
- Sabinetek SmartMike+ Wireless Bluetooth Microphone Review
- Shiftcam ProGrip Battery Grip Review
- iPhone 13 Pro Unboxing
- Wide Angle and Macro Photo Lens for Mobile and Tablet
- VIOTEK LinQ 16-inch P16C Portable Monitor Review
- DJI Ronin-SC Pro Combo Stabilizer Review
- ThiEYE V5s 4K Action Camera Review
- WiMiUS L1 4K Action Camera Review