Would you like to be able to resize one of your videos for Instagram, Twitter or Facebook? As you may have noticed different platforms use different sizes of videos with different aspect ratios, so you need to be able to resize your videos for them.
While there are several ways that you can resize videos, the Resize Video web app is one of the more unique options. It is a very simple and straightforward web-based app that is designed purely to resize videos.
How to Resize Videos
Part of the beauty of the resize video web app is the fact that the platform makes it extremely easy to resize videos to exactly the size that you want them. To learn how to resize video all you need to do is:
- Head over to the Resize Video web app on your browser.
- Select and upload the video that you want to resize by clicking on the ‘Choose Files’ button, dragging and dropping a file into the area, or selecting one from Google Drive, Dropbox or an online URL.
- Pick the aspect ratio that you want for your video from the presets available. The options cover most of the common aspect ratios you will need for videos, including 9:16, 1:1, 16:9, 4:5, and more.
- Decide whether to crop the video or not and click on the ‘No Crop’ or ‘Crop’ button accordingly. If you want you can adjust the area that is cropped using the Zoom and Position settings.
- Select the letterbox background (if necessary) by choosing either Black or White.
- Click on the ‘Resize’ button to resize the video.
- Download the video when it is complete, transfer it to Google Drive or Dropbox, or view it in your browser.
Advantages and Benefits
As you can see although it is very easy-to-use and straightforward, the Resize Video web app page will actually give you a lot of control over the manner in which your video is resized. Not only can you set the aspect ratio, but you can decide how you want the video to fit into that new aspect ratio and adjust how it is cropped or the type of letterboxes that are used.
That versatility is definitely a big advantage, and will allow you to use it to more effectively prepare your videos for various platforms. The best part is that because it is a web-based app you can use it to prepare videos without installing any software and while you’re using any device.
All in all it should be clear that the Resize Video web app is a unique alternative to using an editor to resize your videos. It may not have lots of features, but it definitely has the right features where it counts and will give you what you need to resize your videos.
At the end of the day you will be able to resize your videos quickly and easily using it – so be sure that you try it out at very least.