AMD today announced a high-performance addition to the Radeon Pro WX workstation graphics lineup with the AMD Radeon Pro WX 8200 graphics card, delivering the world’s best workstation graphics performance for under $1,000 for real-time visualization, virtual reality (VR) and photorealistic rendering. AMD also unveiled major updates to Radeon ProRender and a new alliance with the Vancouver Film School, enabling the next-generation of creators to realize their VFX visions through the power of Radeon Pro graphics.
The new turbocharged AMD Radeon Pro WX 8200 graphics card allows professionals to effortlessly accelerate design and rendering. It is the ideal graphics card for design and manufacturing, media and entertainment, and architecture, engineering and construction (AEC) workloads at all stages of product development.
“Professionals can fully unleash their creativity with the ‘Vega’ architecture2 at the heart of the Radeon Pro WX 8200 graphics card,” said Ogi Brkic, General Manager of Radeon Pro, AMD. “This powerful new workstation graphics card empowers creators to improve collaboration among remote teams with VR, create exciting new cinematic experiences and visualize their creations with ease, all at an incredible price point.”
Based on the advanced “Vega” GPU architecture with the 14nm FinFET process, the Radeon Pro WX 8200 graphics card offers the performance required to drive increasingly large and complex models through the entire design visualization pipeline. With planned certifications for many of today’s most popular applications – including Adobe CC, Dassault Systemes SOLIDWORKS , Autodesk 3ds Max , Revit , among others – the Radeon Pro WX 8200 graphics card is ideal for workloads such as real-time visualization, physically-based rendering and VR.
Advanced Feature Set
The Radeon Pro WX 8200 graphics card is equipped with advanced features and technologies geared towards professionals, including:
- High Bandwidth Cache Controller (HBCC): The Radeon Pro WX 8200 graphics card’s state-of-the-art memory system removes the capacity limitations of traditional GPU memory, letting creators and designers work with much larger, more detailed models and assets in real time.
- Enhanced Pixel Engine: The “Vega” GPU architecture’s enhanced pixel engine lets creators build more complex worlds without worrying about GPU limitations, increasing efficiency by batching related work into the GPU’s local cache to process them simultaneously. New “shade once” technology ensures only pixels visible in the final scene are shaded.
- Error Correcting Code (ECC) Memory: Helps guarantee the accuracy of computations by correcting any single or double-bit error resulting from naturally occurring background radiation.
The Radeon Pro WX 8200 graphics card also features a dedicated AMD Secure Processor, which carves out a virtual “secure world” in the GPU. IP-sensitive tasks are run on the AMD Secure Processor, protecting the processing and storage of sensitive data and trusted applications. It also secures the integrity and confidentiality of key resources, such as the user interface and service provider assets.
The Radeon Pro WX 8200 graphics card will be available for pre-order at Newegg on August 13, with on-shelf availability expected in early September and an SEP of $999 USD. Radeon Pro WX Series graphics cards come equipped with the Radeon Pro Software for Enterprise Driver – According to a QA Consultants report, commissioned by AMD, the “most stable driver in the industry” – as well as a three-year limited warranty and optional seven-year limited warranty on retail versions.
AMD also introduced new plug-ins for Radeon ProRender, AMD’s high-performance physically-based rendering engine that enables CAD designers and 3D artists to create renders quickly and easily. Users now have free access to new plug-ins for:
- PTC Creo: Enables designers and engineers to quickly and easily create incredibly rendered visualizations of their products and is available now in beta.
- Pixar USD viewport: For developers building a USD Hydra viewport for their application, the new USD plug-in available on GitHub adds path-traced rendering for accurate viewport previews.
- New features and updates have also been added to existing plug-ins, including support for Autodesk 3ds Max 2019, camera motion blur and many more.