March 24, 2014, North America — Taking customer feedback and making it a reality is a solid mark in the pro column for any company when it comes to satisfaction. Today Fractal Design showed they were one such company with the release of the Blackout edition of their already successful Define R4 case.
“Fractal Design prides itself on being the company that listens and the Define R4 Blackout is proof of that. Packed with all of the great features that made the original Define R4 on of the most popular silent cases on the market, the Define R4 Blackout adds a subdued, all black interior. Exclusive to the North American Market, the Define R4 Blackout not only features black drive trays and expansion slot covers, it also includes the all new, all black Silent Series R2 Fans. The Define R4 Blackout side and front door panels are fitted with dense, sound-absorbing material making it a benchmark for noise reduction. Moreover, the Define R4 Blackout accommodates up to 8 HDDs, all modern graphics card sizes, and multiple ventilation options – including two standard Blackout Edition Silent Series R2 hydraulic bearing fans – to keep internal components at optimal temperatures. For ultimate functionality, the Define R4 features a front interface with USB 3.0 and an integrated three-speed fan controller behind the front panel door.”
- Exclusive to North American Market
- Created due to customer demand!
- New subdued all back interior
- Available in solid side panel or tinted-window side panel versions
- High density noise-reducing material lining acrylic window, on window side panel version
- White power LED
- High density noise-reducing material for an optimal silent case – To achieve a high level of noise reduction, material with mass should be incorporated which is what we strive to achieve with the dense bitumen used on the side panels
- Patent pending ModuVent design allowing the user to choose between optimal silence or maximum airflow
- Top HDD cage (5 trays total) can be rotated 90 degrees or removed for additional airflow or to accommodate long graphic cards up to 430mm in length
- Three-speed fan controller is strategically integrated in the front panel and supports up to 3 fans
- Two all black, Blackout Edition Silent Series R2 fans included, featuring hydraulic bearings contributing to a longer life expectancy – Silent Series R2 retail fans will now come standard in all cases
- Wider case body that allows for improved cable routing behind the motherboard – now 26mm wide
- New tool-less front fan holder makes switching front fans a breeze
- Two SSDs can be mounted on the back of the motherboard plate in addition to the 8 slots in the HDD trays, for a total of 10 SSD positions available