Thanks to Dell and our very own Funky Kit team, we’ll be taking a quick look at the Dell Latitude 7390 ultrabook. This laptop is powered by Intel’s latest 8th Gen mobile processor, the Core i7-8650U a quad core/8 thread CPU running at 1.9GHz, and comes with 16GB DDR4-2400 ram, as well as 256GB NVMe SSD storage.
It features a full HD 13.3″ screen with a resolution of 1920×1080 powered by Intel’s HD 620 onboard graphics. It also have a ton of connectivity options including 2 x USB 3.1 ports, Gigbit ethernet LAN port, SIM card slot, micro SD card slot, full-size HDMI 1.4 port, and a Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) port.
The Latitude 7390 is extremely light-weight and compact business laptop, measuring 304.8mm(L) x 16.33mm (H) x 207.9mm(W) and only 1.19 kg (2.63 lbs) in weight.
Battery life of the 7390, according to Dell can last up to a lengthy 19 hrs … and that figure is up for your own interpretation.
From what I can see, the Latitude 7390 is rather special in terms of specs … especially for a business laptop. I’m really interested to see how it will perform and to see whether it can handle some general content creation like video editing.
13″ business-class laptop for professionals who need mobility. Now available in stunning machined aluminum, carbon fiber or magnesium alloy.
A stunning new look
Outstanding views: The gorgeous 13″ Full HD display is anti-glare and features a narrow border–intelligently engineered to fit a 12″ frame for lightweight mobility and a remarkable viewing experience.
High-caliber construction: Built with high-end materials like Magnesium Alloy, the Latitude 7390 combines premium design with best-in-class durability.
Full range of power: Experience an increase in performance with optional Intel™ 8th Gen processors and PCIe SSD for optimal performance.
Built to last: Your laptop can last as long as your toughest workday with 19 hours of battery life, or more than 32-hours with Dell Power Companion.
Leading-edge technology: Experience faster data speeds with a PCIe SSD, and higher transfer rates with Thunderbolt™ 3 connection.
Premium protection: Customize your security based on your needs. Choose from Dell’s wide range of hardware and software security options including Dell ControlVault ™ 2.0 secure processor, contacted and contactless Smart Card Readers, touch fingerprint reader or infrared camera. Your information is secure no matter where your work takes you.
Dimensions & Weight
- 8th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-8650U Processor (Quad Core, 8MB Cache, 1.9GHz,15W, vPro)
- Windows 10 Home (64bit) English
- 16GB (1x16GB) 2400Mhz DDR4 Memory
- Integrated with the Processor
- Intel ® HD Graphics 620
- 13.3″ FHD WVA (1920 x 1080) Anti Glare (16:9) WLED, 300 nits, Magnesium Alloy LCD back
- 256GB Solid State hard drive
- External Options Only
- 10/100/1000 Ethernet Wireless LAN Options:
Qualcomm QCA61x4A 802.11ac Dual Band (2×2) Wireless Adapter+ Bluetooth 4.1
Intel® Dual-Band Wireless-AC 8265 Wi-Fi + BT 4.2 Wireless Card (2×2). Bluetooth OptionalOptional Mobile
Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ X7 LTE-A (DW5811e) for AT&T, Verizon & Sprint. (US)
Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ X7 LTE-A (DW5811e) (EMEA/APJ/ROW)
Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ X7 HSPA+ (DW5811e) (China/Indonesia/India)
Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ X7 LTE-A (DW5816e) ( Japan/ANZ)Optional WiGig Option:
Intel® Tri-Band Wireless-AC 18265 WiGig + Wi-Fi + BT4.2 Wireless Card
- TPM 2.0 FIPS 140-2 Certified, TCG Certified
- Optional Hardware Authentication Bundle 1: FIPS 201 Contacted Smart Card with Control Vault 2.0
- Advanced Authentication with FIPS 140-2 Level 3 Certification
- Optional Hardware Authentication Bundle 2: Touch Fingerprint Reader, FIPS 201 Contacted Smart Card, Contactless Smart Card, NFC, Control Vault 2.0 Advanced Authentication with FIPS 140-2 Level 3 Certification
- Dell Client Command Suite
- Optional Dell Data Security and Management Software
– Dell Endpoint Security Suite Enterprise
– Dell Encryption (Enterprise Edition or Personal Edition)
– MozyPro®, MozyEnterprise®
– Dell Threat Defense
– Dell Protected Workspace
– Dell Data Guardian
– RSA NetWitness® Endpoint17
– VMware Airwatch®17
– Absolute Data & Device Security
– RSA SecurID Access
- High Quality Speakers
- Headset/mic combo jack
- Noise reducing array microphones
- Optional HD, IR or no camera
- Skype For Business Certified
42 Whr Prismatic, ExpressCharge™ Capable
60 Whr Polymer, ExpressCharge™ Capable
60 Whr Long Life Cycle PolymerA/C Adapter
65 Watt Adapter 7.4 barrel
65 Watt BFR/PVC Halogen Free adapter, 7.4mm barrel
65 Watt Rugged Adapter 7.4mm barrel – India
90 Watt AC Adapter 7.4 barrel
- Intel ® vPro™ Technology (iAMT 11.6) (optional, requires Intel WiFi ® Link WLAN and a vPro compatible processor), Dell Client Command Suite available (dell.com/command), Factory Installed Dell Client Command | Update, Dell Command | Power Manager
- Height: 16.33mm (0.64″) / 16.53mm (0.66″) (Front to Back, Non-Touch)x Width: 304.8mm (12.0”)x Depth: 207.9mm (8.19”)
Starting weight: 1.19 kg (2.63 lbs)
- 1 Headset/mic combo jack
- 1 DC-in 7.4 mm barrel
- 1 DisplayPort over USB Type C™ with optional Thunderbolt™ 3
- 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 (one with PowerShare)
- 1 HDMI 1.4
- 1 RJ-45, external uSIM card tray option
- 3 M.2 expansion slots: 1 SSD, 1 WWAN and 1 WLAN/WiGig
- Dell Latitude E7280 Ultra Slim Laptop Review
- Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 Convertible Laptop Review
- Razer Announces New Blade Stealth Gaming Laptop With a Near Bezel-less 13.3-inch 4K Display
- Microsoft Surface Laptop 2 Reviewed at Engadget
- HP Envy x2 Review by Engadget
- Alienware Finally Announces Their Thinnest Gaming Laptop Ever
- Origin PC Announces Two New Thin and Light Intel Core i9 Gaming Laptops