Specifications and Features
- Memory modules that support overclocked speeds
- Aggressively tuned to deliver exceptional performance
- Guaranteed to operate at specified speeds to ensure compatibility and performance
- Low latency and fast speeds deliver superior performance
- 288-pin, unbuffered dual in-line memory module(UDIMM)
- Fast data transfer rates: DDR4-3733, DDR4-3600 ,DDR4-3466, DDR4-3200 or DDR4-3000
- Programmable CAS Latency(posted CAS): CL 15-17
- Organization : 8GB (1 Gig x 64), by 8Gb(1Gx8) ,8Pcs chips
- Intel XMP 2.0
- VDD Voltage: 1.35V (XMP) and 1.20V (standard)
- VDDSPD = 2.5V (NOM)
- Nominal and dynamic on-die termination (ODT) for data, strobe, and mask signals
- Low-power auto self refresh (LPASR)
- Single-rank/1 rank
- On-board I2 serial presence-detect (SPD) EEPROM
- 16 internal banks; 4 groups of 4 banks each
- Gold edge contacts
- Halogen-free,ROHS compliant
Tested memory kit has one XMP profile which is working perfectly fine on ASUS Z270 Maximus IX Apex motherboard. When you install it on ASUS Prime X370-Pro, AMD Ryzen motherboard then will work at DDR4-3200 because of platform limitation. However also on AMD Ryzen it works perfectly stable. In this review we will focus on Intel platform as most users who decide to buy DDR4-3600 memory wish to actually run it at declared speed.
The software could not display details about used memory IC. Even Thaiphoon Burner showed only general info. Based on my experience I can say that this is Samsung IC and probably a B-die because it works about the same as some other high end memory kits. I’m not going to remove heatsinks because I’m almost sure what I can find underneath them. At the end the most important this is how memory works, not how memory IC is called.
Package and its contents
The Project-X memory has arrived in a typical retail package which is well known from most memory series on the market. Plastic, transparent box is showing the contents and has only one label which contains all we need to know about the memory.
Memory is specified to run at DDR4-3600 CL17-18-18 settings and 1.35V what is typical voltage for any DDR4-3000 or higher memory kit. All is described on the package and matches programmed XMP profile.
On the performance and overclocking page of this review, you will see that this memory is able to run at higher frequency and tighter timings. Enthusiasts and overclockers should be really happy about this fact.
Project-X DDR4-3600 memory kit can work with any CPU cooling solution as it has standard height.
Super Talent Project-X is not as flashy looking as some other memory kits on the market but for sure has unique design. Black-silver heatsinks should fit to most if not all color schemes so it can be good option for all gamers and computer enthusiasts who care about PC looks.
Tested memory kit contains two 8GB memory modules which are designed to work in dual channel mode on Intel and AMD motherboards. Memory modules are single rank so they offer the best compatibility and overclocking capabilities.
Let’s move to the next page of this review to check how the Project-X DDR4-3600 is performing.