We’ve just posted our latest podcast. This is Our Podcast Show Ep.42 – How Geeks Like Us Survive International Air Travel. Go check out the podcast and remember to subscribe: https://bit.ly/3NFvWq8
On Our Podcast Show this week, how do geeks like us survive international air travel? In preparation for this podcast’s international debut in Taiwan for COMPUTEX Taipei, Winston and Stephen will share tips and tricks for enjoying those long-haul international flights. From what documents you’ll need to prepare to how to look for the best deals. And, of course, we’ll go over the gadgets you’ll need to take with you, both on the flight and at your destination. Travel is fun as long as you’re safe out there too. Especially if you’re travelling to countries that don’t have the same languages and customs as yours.
- 00:00 – Stephen and Winston are going to Taiwan!
- 00:36 – Why is Stephen super excited about the Taiwan trip?
- 01:18 – What makes Taiwan so unique?
- 03:21 – Be aware of your flight departure times and time zone difference!
- 04:11 – Why is there a lot of American influence in Taiwan?
- 05:04 – How do you get the best deals to go to Taiwan?
- 07:19 – When is the best time to book your flights?
- 08:53 – Why is it important to check and prepare your travel documents?
- 11:46 – Be patient with Border Agents and Airline staff.
- 16:17 – Is being picked at random by Border Agents really random?
- 17:42 – Give flight attendants a break; they are there to help!
- 20:20 – Why does Stephen prefer an aisle seat?
- 21:10 – Which seats on the plane have the most legroom?
- 22:31 – Is it worth upgrading to first class?
- 25:43 – Is it worth getting travel insurance?
- 29:08 – How much cash or local currency should I take with me?
- 30:46 – Don’t forget to bring your power chargers!
- 32:20 – Be aware of the country’s voltage and plug adapter
- 33:56 – Don’t forget your USB cables and power banks!
- 35:23 – Is it a good idea to bring your own headphones?
- 37:21 – Is alcohol free on international flights?
- 38:34 – Check your credit card for special lounge access!
- 39:54 – It’s a warp. You can connect with us via our socials.
The Funky Kit Show – Recorded Live
The Funky Kit Show Live every Friday at these times …
- US/West – 12.00pm (noon) PST
- US/East – 3.00pm EST
- UK – 8.00pm BST
- Europe – 9.00pm CET
Check out our past shows on YouTube.