Now this is something I want!
Introducing the ToughArmor MB606SPO-B ruggedized mobile rack for hot-swapping 6x SATA/SAS SSDs and HDDs up to 7mm in height, and 1x Ultra-Slim 9.5mm CD/DVD/Blu-ray ROM optical disk drive reader for the external 5.25″ bay. Featuring industrial full-metal construction inside and out, and designed for commercial applications such as military and medical systems, airborne and shipboard PCs, in-vehicle systems, servers, workstations, and mobile computer systems. Maintain optimal drive temperatures with the user-configurable 40mm cooling fan and plenty of ventilation holes throughout the enclosure. Advanced removable trays with anti-vibration protect drives in harsh environments, and built-in individual status LEDs give you drive updates at a glance.
The high-density design of ToughArmor MB606SPO-B packs six 5mm-7mm 2.5″ SSD/HDD hot-swap bays and one Ultra-Slim CD/DVD/Blu-ray ROM optical disk drive into a single 5.25″ drive bay, perfect for space-sensitive applications such as powerhouse PC, portable military workstation, and rackmount industrial PC.
MB606SPO-B’s newly designed optical drive bracket features an adaptable design to support Ultra-Slim 9.5mm CD/DVD/Blu-Ray ROM optical disk drive reader.
MB606SPO-B’s tray is designed to support HDDs and SSDs up to 7mm in height, making them compatible with SAS drives as well as SATA drives. SAS drives are used in enterprise applications such as long-term archival for their long lifespan and higher reliability
Whether you’re using a slim or an ultra-slim disk drive, installation is easy using the conveniently labeled screw holes. Once connected, simply secure the built-in screw and your drive is locked into place. This ensures that your optical disk drive reader stays put, even under heavy movement or vibrations. When using an Ultra-Slim (9.5mm) optical reader, the included foam spacer can be installed on top of the ODD for a cleaner look.
When it’s time to replace or upgrade your CD/DVD/Blu-ray optical disk drive reader, removal is just as easy. When the bracket screw is loosened, the spring-loaded ejection arm is revealed. Simply pull the ejection arm to remove the optical disk drive from the enclosure.
To prevent the build-up of dust, which over time can clog internal connectors and inhibit airflow, the included dust cover protects the enclosure when an optical drive is not in use. When you’re ready to install an CD/DVD/Blu-ray optical disk drive, the dust cover is easily removed without tools or screws..
Individual LED lights for each bay give you drive status updates at a glance, letting you know when your drives are powered on or in use.
A user-controllable 40mm cooling fan works with the ample ventilation holes in the tray and chassis to remove as much heat as possible and keep drives running at optimal temperatures. The fan can be set to high for intense mechanical HDD applications, low for use with cooler SSDs, and can be shut off completely to be cooled by the computers built-in cooling system.
- Rugged heavy-duty steel construction designed for industrial and commercial applications such as military and medical, servers, data centers, workstations, and portable computer systems
- Perfect for applications that must meet a flammability requirement
- Fits 6x SSDs or HDDs between 5mm and 7mm in height
- Supports SATA III and SAS single-channel
- Supports Ultra-Slim (9.5mm) Optical Disk Drive (ODD Drive)
- Spring-loaded ODD bracket for fast installation and removal
- Dual SATA power connectors separate ODD from HDD/SSD power for stable power delivery
- 40mm cooling fan with high/low/off setting maintains drive temperatures
- Ventilation holes located on the trays and throughout the chassis for excellent passive cooling
- Active Power Technology (APT) – individual LED & cooling fan only powers up if there is a drive installed in the bay
- Individual drive status LED for each bay
- Anti-Vibration Technology (AVT) reduces vibration from mechanical hard drives
- Complimentary technical support from trained ICY DOCK support technicians
Source: ICY DOCK ToughArmor MB606SPO-B