This is Part 3 of our project build. It’s time to add the PC and Watercooling components. We will be using the Gigabyte Z270X Ultra Gaming motherboard for its RGB Fusion feature, an Intel Core i5-7600K (Kaby Lake) for its overclocking ability and ALL watercooling components by Bitspower.
Project: MakeMeCooler Doraemon is based around the Anime character Doraemon because of the blue and white colors, which I think is a perfect match.
- Read Part 1 of our Project MakeMeCooler Doraemon here.
- Read Part 2 of our Project MakeMeCooler Doraemon here.
- Project: MakeMeCooler Doraemon visits Hong Kong!
Watch the video of our Leak Test …
Gigabyte Z270X Ultra Gaming Motherboard
- Supports 7th/ 6th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors
- Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- Fast USB 3.1 Gen 2 with USB Type-C™ and Type-A
- 3-Way Graphics Support with Dual Armor and Ultra Durable™ Design
- Dual NVMe PCIe SSDs in RAID 0 Support
- NVMe PCIe Gen3 x4 U.2 Connector
- Ultra-Fast M.2 with PCIe Gen3 x4 & SATA interface
- Intel® Optane™ Memory Ready
- ALC1220 120dB SNR HD Audio with Smart Headphone Amp
- Intel® GbE LAN with cFosSpeed Internet Accelerator Software
- USB DAC-UP 2 with Adjustable Voltage
- RGB FUSION LED Light Show design
- Swappable Overlay for Accent LED
- Smart Fan 5 features Multiple Temperature Sensors and Hybrid Fan Headers
- Lightning-Fast Intel® Thunderbolt™ 3 AIC Support
- GIGABYTE UEFI DualBIOS™
- APP Center Including EasyTune™ and Cloud Station™ Utilities
A Closer Look
Watch out for a full review of the Gigabyte Z270X Ultra Gaming Motherboard … coming soon!
The Intel Core i5-7600K
We decided to use the Intel Core i5-7600K for this project build. It’s an amazing chip that’s overclockable to 4.9GHz … and it only cost USD $239.
Bitspower Summit CPU water block
Bitspower was kind enough to sponsor the entire water cooling components for our Project MakeMeCooler Doraemon PC build. This include the following parts …
- Summit CPU water block for Intel LGA 1151
- Zotac GeForce GTX 1070/1080 AMP Extreme GPU water block
- Stop fittings: 4 x Bitspower G1/4″ Royal Blue Stop Fitting
- Compression fittings: 8 x Bitspower G1/4″ Royal Blue Enhance Multi-Link for OD 16MM
- Compression Extenders: 4 x Bitspower G1/4″ Royal Blue Rotary 90-Degree IG1/4″ Extender
- 120mm Radiator: 1 x Bitspower Leviathan Slim 120 Radiator
- 240mm Radiator: 1 x Bitspower Leviathan Slim 240 4xG1/4″ Radiator
- Flow indicators: 1 x Bitspower Flow Indicator (Royal Blue)
- Mini Valve: 1 x Bitspower Royal Blue Mini Valve With Black Handle
- Reservoir: 2 x Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 100 V2 (Clear Body & POM Version)
- Pumps: 1 x Bitspower DDC Plus Pump
- Pump Mods: 1 x Bitspower Premium Magic-Cube Type DDC MOD TOP G1/4″ (Acrylic Version)
Onwards for some hard tube bending!