We’ll be taking a quick look at the Hollyland Lark C1. It’s an ultra-compact premium wireless lavalier microphone, ideal for audio recording on your iPhones.
It offers all-day recording battery life of up to 32 hours, and features advanced sound processing technologies, and MFi-certified Lightning interface on the Receiver.
Featuring a sample rate of 48 kHz and bit-rate of 16 bits, the Lark C1 offers Hi-Fi quality recordings, and captures sounds with incredibly rich details from a wide range of frequencies. It delivers crystal-clear digital audio with low background noise.
You can capture high quality crisp audio at a distance of up to 650ft (200m). It works right out of the box and comes with a compact charging case.
You can also get real-time audio playback on your phone’s speaker without the need to unplug the receiver.
Use th Lark C1 to enhance your audio recordings of your videos for tick tok, instagram reels and Youtube shorts
- 【MFi Certification & HiFi Level Sound Quality】Lark C1 Microphone with MFi certified Lighting Interface, is compatible with all iPhone/iPad with lightning connector and able to minimize the background noise. With a 48kHz/16bit sampling rate, Lark C1 captures sound with incredibly rich details from all directions across wide frequencies ranging from 20 Hz to 20 kHz bringing you excellent recording performance and HiFi audio quality. Record as listened!
- 【No Adapter needed & Ultra-Compact Size】 RX and TX will be paired automatically right out of the case. The RX starts to record instantly as you plug it into your iPhone. Each TX weighs 11.8g, and RX weighs 7g. Super tiny in size and lightweight. The thickness is lower than 9mm. Lark C1 microphone system is easy to use, no complex operations. It’s comfortable to clip on coats and inconspicuous.
- 【One-Button Noise Cancelling】The Lark C1 has a one-button noise reduction function to filter out unwanted ambient noise, providing clean and clear audio performance even in demanding radio scenarios. You can download “LarkSound” app to control the volume easily and select Strong/Weak noise-canceling levels.
- 【Playback with RX Plugged & LarkSound App】The Lark C1 achieves real-time audio playback on your phone speaker without the need to unplug the RX, so you can immediately check the audio quality and make adjustments accordingly. You can enable this function in the LarkSound App. More functions are also provided in the app, like monitoring your mic’s audio status, battery life, noise cancelling level and recording volume.
- 【650ft transmission & 32H Working Time 】 The Lark C1 keep up with a whole-day recording with an ultra-long duration of 32 hours. Ideal for various content creation needs at a wireless range of up to 650ft (200m). A single charge of each TX gives 8 hours of recording, with the charging case providing 3-time full recharges for the whole system. Long range transmission and endurance provide more possibilities your video production.
The new Lark C1 is an ultra-compact premium wireless lavalier microphone, ideal for audio recording on your iPhones without limitations. With a wide range of simplified operations and an ultra-long duration of 32 hours, the Lark C1 delivers an unparalleled, all-day recording experience. Featuring our advanced sound processing technologies and the MFi-certified Lightning interface on the RX, the Lark C1 is perfect for you to easily capture crisp audio with uncompromising quality at distances of up to 650ft (200m).
Plug and Play
The Lark C1 is a feature-packed wireless microphone system that is ready for use out of charging case. Untangle your audio recording workflow with its RX plug and play configuration.
Simultaneous Recording and Charging
Both the TX and RX are active while charging. The RX can be connected to a power source to charge your phone during operation, delivering an uninterrupted recording experience.
Speaker Play with RX Plugged
The Lark C1 achieves real-time audio playback on your phone speaker without the need to unplug the RX, achieving an immediate audio quality check.
Hi-Fi Sound Capture
Featuring a sample rate and bit depth of 48 kHz and 16 bits, the Lark C1 captures sounds with incredibly rich details from all directions across wide frequencies ranging from 20 Hz to 20 kHz, delivering Hi-Fi sound quality. Designed with the advanced audio processing algorithm, the Lark C1 delivers crystal-clear digital audio with background noises removed. Backed by the MFi-certified Lightning interface on the RX, the Lark C1 boasts uncompromising quality and reliability.
48KHz and 16 Bits
Lark C1 Enrolled in the MFi Program. The Lark C1 officially got the Apple MFi certification, which means that you can be sure that the Lark C1 you purchase for your Apple device is verified by Apple to be safe and compatible.
You can find our Lark C1 MFi certification here.
One-Button Noise Cancellation
Improved acoustic algorithms help Lark C1’s built-in active noise cancellation block out unwanted ambient noises and offer clear sounds, allowing you to record your adventure in a wide range of applications, even in the most demanding recording scenarios.
Ultra-compact Size & Ultra-long Duration of 32 Hours
The entire Lark C1 system is ultra-compact and lightweight. This unique form factor allows you to inconspicuously clip the TX on your cloth and easily plug the RX into your phone. The Lark C1 Duo features an ultra-long duration of 32 hours for the two TXs when the charging case is fully charged, with each TX operating for 8 hours each time, providing a full-day audio recording to keep up with your content creation needs.
Wireless LOS Range of Up to 650ft (200m)
Using Hollyland’s latest wireless transmission technology, the Lark C1 is capable of recording crisp audio at a wireless range of up to 650ft (200m) with an incredibly low latency of 0.02s. With advanced frequency hopping technology, the Lark C1 automatically switches to a clear channel, ensuring a robust audio recording.
The Box and Packaging
Inside the box, you’ll find a USB-C charging cable, 2 dead-cats or wind-shield, a carry pouch and a charging case.
A Closer Look
Inside the charging case, you’ll find 2 wireless transmitters and 1 receiver with a lightning connector (iPhone only).
Lark C1 in Action
The software allows you to enable noise cancellation (weak or strong) and also the most important feature in my opinion … the recording Volume. You can set it to Low, Medium or High.
And lastly, the Speaker Play option. Enable it if you want to get real-time audio playback on your phone’s speaker without the need to unplug the receiver.
Conclusion and Verdict
When I first started posting video reels and shorts on Instagram and YouTube, I noticed the volume of my voice-over recordings were extremely low. This was extremely annoying, especially when you filmed some great video footage, but unable to hear your voice becaue of the low recording volume on the iPhone.
I did check my iPhone volume settings and there was nothing I could do on the iPhone …
The only solution was record the voice-over using a better quality wireless lavalier microphone that offers higher recording volume with good noise cancellation. Now, say hello to the Hollyland Lark C1 Wireless Lavalier Microphone for iPhone.
The audio recording was crisp, nice and loud, plus there was no clipping either. Also, the noise cancellation was pretty good too.
This wireless lavalier microphone did exactly what I was looking for. Plus you can do real-time audio playback on your phone’s speaker without the need to unplug the receiver, which I wasn’t able to do before with other wireless microphones for iPhone.
- Maono WM820 Dual Transmitter Wireless Microphone System Review
- Gamdias IRIS M1 Streaming Webcam Review
- Sabinetek SmartMike+ Wireless Bluetooth Microphone Review
- VOLTME Revo 140W PD3.1 GaN Charger Review
- j5Create 108W PD USB-C Super Charger Review
- Anker Powercore Fusion 10000 2-in-1 Power Bank and Charger Review