If there’s one replacement charger you need to get … then it has to be the VOLTME Revo 140W PD3.1 GaN Charger. It’s probably one of the most compact portable chargers I’ve seen, and what’s more it can charge up to 3 power-hungry devices simultaneously.
It features a USB-C PD3.1 port that can deliver 140W, another USB-C PD3.0 port up to 100W and a USB-A port up to 22.5W. These are the maximum ratings for each individual port. See the chart below for possible combinations.
According to VOLTME, the main USB-C charging cable is suitable to power a variety of high-powered laptops, including 13-inch and 16-inch MacBook Pros, as well as ASUS ROG laptops! So to test this charger, we’ll be using the ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 Gaming Laptop, which we reviewed back in 2021 and uses a 76WHrs, 4S1P, 4-cell Li-ion battery. It’s a pretty power hungry laptop featuring a Ryzen 9 5900HS processor and a GeForce RTX 3060.
The laptop has the ability to support power deliver via a USB-C port. It will be interesting to see if the VOLTME Revo 140W PD3.1 GaN Charger is capable of powering my ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14.
Last week we review the j5Create 108W PD USB-C Super Charger, which we thought was a good replacement (at home) for my original power pack that came with the laptop. But what’s different about the VOLTME Revo 140W is the compact size and potability, and it comes with a retractable 2-prong plug which means you’ll be able to take it with you while you’re travelling.
VOLTME believes being at the forefront of innovation is the key to sustainability. Technology and discovery are key agents driving our world forward. We continue to push engineering limits in expanding upon key technologies beyond what they can do and ask how can it apply to our lives, how it can affect us, and how we can make it better. Since the early days, we have expanded our expertise in product design and materials discovery to harmonize with the ever-growing technologies and focused on the interaction of customers with our products, to create truly intuitive and unique experiences.
- INDUSTRY-LEADING 3-PORT GAN CHARGER : VOLTME Revo 140 can charge 3 devices simultaneously and it supports almost all fast charging technologies while other chargers cannot. It is powered by the latest 3rd Generation GaN Power IC & PD 3.1 & QC 5.0 & PPS charging protocols. Get 1 Revo 140 instead of 3 other chargers. It help you save space at home, office or travel.
- SMALLER AND MORE POWERFUL: It is 20% smaller than an Apple orginal 140w power-adapter. Compared to traditional chargers, this GaN charger is 20x faster switching, 3X smaller and lighter, 40% evergy saving, 3x higher power density and 3x faster charging.
- ULTIMATE FAST CHARGING: Charge the MacBook Pro 16″ to 56% in just 30 minutes. Charge your tablets, phones and game consoles up to 3x faster.
- SAFE CHARGER FOR ALL YOUR DEVICES: Charge your laptop, tablet, phone, smartwatches in one compact powerful charger. It has CE, RoHS and FCC safety certifications to keep your devices safe from short-circuit, over-voltage and over-current.
- ALL-IN-ONE COMPACT 140W CHARGER WITH POWER! As the 2023 CES Innovation Awards honoree in the Laptop Accessories category, the VOLTME Revo 140 is an all-in-one solution for any of your laptop, phone, tablet, etc. This powerful 140W charger features 10 high performance chips, v-dynamic power distribution system that deliver unrival speed in a slim design that is excellent for home offcie travel and in narrow outlet space. VOLTME all-in-one 140W charger is the ideal charging solution for all your electronic devices.
- WHAT YOU GET: VOLTME 140W USB C Power Adapter, welcome guide,18-month warranty, friendly customer service.
For more information, please visit VOLTME website.
|Input||100-240V～ 50/60Hz 2A Max|
|Output||USB-C1：5V 3A / 9V 3A / 12V 3A / 15V 3A / 20V 5A/ 28V 5A (PPS:3.3-21V/5A）(140W Max) ; USB-C2：5V 3A / 9V 3A / 12V 3A / 15V 3A / 20V 5A (PPS:3.3-21V/5A）(100W Max); USB-A: 4.5V 5A / 5V 4.5A / 9V 2A / 12V 1.5A； C1+C2=65W+65W；C1+A=100W+22.5W; C2+A=100W+22.5W；C1+C2+A=65W+45W+22.5W|
|Protocol||PD3.1(PD3.0\PD2.0), QC5.0(QC4.0\QC3.0\QC2.0), PPS, AFC, APPLE 5V2.4A, BC1.2; USB-A Port: SCP, QC3.0, AFC, FCP, APPLE 5V2.4A, BC1.2|
|Protection||Short-circuit Protection, Over-voltage Protection, Overheating Protection, Over-current Protection, Over-temperature Protection.|
|Laptops||Compatible with MacBook Pro 16”/15”/14″/13”, MacBook Air, Dell Inspiron/Latitude, HP Elite/Spectre/ Zbook, Google Pixelbook, Microsoft Surface Book 2, ThinkPad; ASUS ROG etc.|
|Talets||Compatible with iPad; iPad Pro; iPad Air; iPad mini, etc.|
|Phones||Compatible with Apple iPhone, Samsung, Honor, LG, Google, Motorola, Htc, Huawei, Nokia, Sony, iPad, MacBook Air and more.|
|Others||Compatible with Switch Host, Switch Dock, DJI Mavic 3 / Air 2S, AirPods, iWatch, Steam Deck, etc.|
|Note||The item can charge Dell XPS by handshaking Power Delivery 3.0 protocol（PD3.0 support 100W max, PD3.1 support 140W max)，but you may see a slow charger warning on-screen due to original charger power is 130W ( it’s non-standard Power Delivery protocol ).|
If you’re travelling gloablly, you might have noticed that different countries have different voltage ratings. For example China/HK/UK/Australia/EU has 220-240V, while Canada/US/TW/JP has 110-120V. With the VOLTME Revo 140W charger, there’s no need to worry about any of that. The charger accepts 100-240V. Just flick out the retractabe 2-prong plug and insert in to the wall, then plug in the USB cables to charge your devices and away you go!
To test the VOLTME Revo 140W charger, we used an ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14, which is a fairly power hungry laptop ans supports USB-C power delivery at up to 100W. As per the specifications of the charger, you can use either USB-C port to charge the laptop.
The first USB-C port supports PD3.1 and offers power delivery of up to 140W, while the second USB-C port supports PD3.0 and provides power delivery up to 100W.
Once you plug in the VOLTME Revo 140W charger, Windows 11 will detect this and on the ROG Zephyrus G14 will then pop-up a “On PD” message.
One thing to be aware of … is that the Turbo profile on ROG Zephyrus G14 is not available on USB-C PD – Power Delivery (the option is greyed-out). This means means the CPU and GPU will not run at their maximum potential. I guess this isn’t a suprise. If you want Turbo mode, you’ll have to use the 180W original charger that came with the laptop.
Verdict and Conclusion
I’ve been using the VOLTME Revo 140W PD3.1 GaN Charger for more than a few week now, and I’m more than pleased to say it does a wonderful job in powering my ROG Zephyrus G14, especially while I’m on the move. However, the Turbo profile is not available. I’m assuming it’s got something to do with the spec of the original charger, which has an output of 20V @ 9A (180W) versus the VOLTME Revo 140W charger’s maximum output of 20V/28V @ 5A (140W).
As far as charging speed is concerned, it’s slightly slower than the orginal laptop charger (180W), but more than adequate for my usage. I can get a full charge on my ROG Zephyrus G14 laptop in just under 2 hours from zero.
All said and done, the main advantages of the VOLTME Revo 140W charger is its compact size, the ability to charge multiple devices, and the retractable 2-prong plug , which is perfect for any user who travels a lot.
- Support PD3.1
- GaN (Gallium Nitride) construction
- 20% smaller than an Apple orginal 140w power-adapter
- 20x faster switching, 3X smaller and lighter
- 40% evergy saving, 3x higher power density and 3x faster charging
- Charges multiple devices simultaneously
- Power Delivery compatible for MacBook Air, Dell Inspiron/Latitude, HP Elite/Spectre/ Zbook, Google Pixelbook, Microsoft Surface Book 2, ThinkPad and ROG Zephyrus G14 (tested)
- None I can think of
- j5Create 108W PD USB-C Super Charger Review
- Anker Powercore Fusion 10000 2-in-1 Power Bank and Charger Review
- Cougar DH07 Slim 7-Port Docking Hub Review