Welcome to the build log of our Project Core Arancio by Team FUNKYKIT for Mod-My-Box™ 2016!
Here at FUNKYKIT we wanted to show everyone how easy it is, to customize and mod your PC. Thanks for our sponsors … which include Thermaltake, ASRock, ADATA, HIS and Crucial … Funky Kit is proud to present our Project Core Arancio PC build.
Project Core Arancio is based on our website’s color scheme of orange and white. As for the word “Arancio” … I took it from Lamborghini’s famous orange color.
- Processor: Intel Core i7 6800K (Broadwell-E, Socket 2011-v3)
- Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X99X Killer 3.1 Motherboard
- Graphics Card: HIS Radeon RX480 Roaring Turbo 8GB GDDR5
- Memory: Adata XPG Dazzle 32GB (4×8) DDR4-2400
- Storage: Crucial MX300 – 750GB SSD
- Chassis: Thermaltake Core P3 with Arancio paint job
- Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower DSP G 750w RGB
- Waterblock: XSPC Raystorm Pro (White)
- Radiator: Thermaltake Pacific RL240 Radiator
- Resevoir/Pump: Thermaltake Pacific PR22-D5 Pump/Reservoir Combo
- Fans: Thermaltake 12 Riing RGB
- Tubes: Thermaltake V-Tubler PETG Hard Tubes 16mm (5/8″) OD
The Finished System
Here’s our finished build, and I have to admit, it looks pretty impressive 😉 It took around 6-8 weeks to complete the entire build. Mostly waiting for the delivery of the components and parts, other than that … it was all good.
Overall, I’m very happy with the project. It’s my first “full” water cooling PC build in over 9 years! I guess I still got those skills 😉 The paint job could have been a little better, but I’m satisfied with the results so far.
Everything else was good. The ASRock Fatal1ty X99X Killer 3.1 Motherboard was rock solid and stable, the HIS Radeon RX480 Roaring Turbo 8GB GDDR5 did its job, Adata’s XPG Dazzle 32GB (4×8) DDR4-2400 gave us all the flashy LEDs we needed 😉 The Crucial MX300 – 750GB SSD provided us with enough storage, while Thermaltake’s Toughpower DSP G 750w RGB gave us all the power we needed.
The complete system was cooled by Thermaltake’s Pacific RL240 D5 Hard Tube water cooling kit. It has all the bits you’ll ever need for your build.
The most difficult part our build was the hard tube bending. Make sure you get the proper tube bending kit. In our case, we used the Thermaltake Pacific Hard Tube bending kit.
Thanks for our sponsors … Thermaltake, ASRock, ADATA, HIS and Crucial. You guys made it possible. Project Core Arancio – by Team FUNKYKIT!
Related Articles …
- Project Core Arancio – Full Build Log, Installation & Benchmarks
- Project Core Arancio Build Log – Pacific RL240 D5 Hard Tube Water Cooling Kit
- Project Core Arancio – HIS Radeon RX 480 IceQ X² Roaring Turbo 8GB GDDR5
- Project Core Arancio Build Log – Thermaltake Core P3 Chassis