Now this is something I’ve always wanted. A verstaile phone grip that I can use anywhere in any situation. Perfect for vlogging and filming outdoors. The built-in features are a god-send and will definitely come in handy. It’s compatible with all the major mobile phone brands including the recently launched iPhone 13/Pro. You can buy it for around USD $149 from Amazon – https://amzn.to/3lDUWCG
Camera technology on mobile phones have been advancing at a phenomenal rate. You can now film in 4K as well as take low-light photography and close-up macro shots on all your mobile phone.
But one of the problems with filming and taking photos with your mobile phone is actually having to hold the phone in the right position. There’s always the risk of your phone slipping out of your hands if you try and take photos with one hand.
The Shiftcam ProGrip eliminates these problems by mounting the phone on to a clamp with a DLSR-style grip, along with a bluetooth shutter button on one side. This means you can hold the phone with one hand just like you would with a standard DLSR camera, and this allows you to film and take phones with ease.
What’s more, the Shiftcam ProGrip also offers wireless charging via a built-in 6400mAh battery within the grip itself. Other accessories include a cold-shoe mount for LED light/microphone and a hand strap for added security.
The Shiftcam ProGrip
Feel like a pro. Shoot like a pro with the Shiftcam ProGrip – a DSLR Style mobile battery grip that comes with built in 6400mAh powerbank, wireless charging, and Bluetooth shutter button, as well as a built-in Expansion Mount.
The signature ProGrip curve is designed for balance and stability. It caters for the length of each finger, and the back of the grip is purposefully rounded to lift pressure from your palm. The Thumb rest eases tension on your wrist while the grip is angled for optimal comfort.
Keep your phone powered throughout the day and shoot up to 3x more footage with fast 15w wireless charging. Connect a second device via the included USB cable and charge both simultaneously.
Landscape / Portrait Mode
Switch from landscape to portrait without changing your grip. The 90° rotation on the clamp accommodates selfies, vlogging and storytelling on-the-go.
The Bluetooth shutter allows you to shoot comfortably with your index finger, and integrates perfectly with your native camera app.
Free-standing Charging Dock
Weighted for stability, and angled for video calls and hands free vlogging, ProGrip can be used as a tabletop dock in landscape or portrait mode.
Built-in Expansion Mount
ProGrip features industry standard cold shoe and tripod mounts, and works seamlessly with ShiftCam ProLenses (lens mount required).
For more information, please visit Shiftcam’s website here.
- Product Dimension: 152mm x 67mm x 88mm
- Grip Range: 58–90mm
- Weight: 200g
- Powerbank: 6400mAh
- USB-C In: PD 18W Max
- Wireless Charging: 15W Max
- Compatibility: Any mobile device between 58 and 90 mm wide, with and without cases.
- Apple: iPhone 8, iPhone 8+, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XR, iPhone XS Max, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone SE 2020, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPhone 12 Mini, iPhone 13, iPhone 13 Mini, iPhone 13 Pro, iPhone 13 Pro Max
- Samsung: Galaxy Note Series:10, 20, 20Ultra; Galaxy S Series: 10, 10+, S10e, S20, S20+, S20Ultra, S21, S21+, S21Ultra; Galaxy A Series: A12, A02s, A20, A32, A42, A52
- Google: Pixel 3, Pixel 3a, Pixel 3a XL, Pixel 4, Pixel 4XL, Pixel 4a, Pixel 5, Pixel 6, Pixel 6 Pro
- Huawei: Mate 20 Pro, 30 Pro, P30 Pro
- LG: G7 ThinQ, G8s ThinQ, V30 Plus, V40 ThinQ
- Xiaomi: Mi9, Mi Mix, Mi Mix 3 5G
- Sony: Xperia 1 III, Xperia 5 III, Xperia 10 III, Xperia 5 II, Xperia 1 II, Xperia 10 II
The Shiftcam ProGrip kit comes with the battery grip itself, a nice braided 1.5m USB-C charging cable, cold shoe mount and a secure hand strap, as well as extra grips for wide-range of different size mobile phones. You also get a nice compact travel case to carry everything.
A Closer Look
On the underside of grip, you will find a USB-C charging port, and a tripod camera mount. On the actual grip itself, you can see a bunch of LEDs showing you the Bluetooth LED indicator as well the battery level.
There are also two buttons on the clamp. One is the Bluetooth pairing button and the other is to activate the Qi wireless charging.
The grip is extremely comfortable to hold in your hand. The contour matches nicey with my hand, just like a DLSR camera. You can see my fore-finger rests perfectly on the Bluetooth shutter button. So no complaints here.
Verdict and Conclusion
I’ve been using the Shiftcam ProGrip for about a week now and I love it. It may look a little bulky, but believe me … having to take photos and shoot your video with one hand, is so much better and FUN! No more fumbling around with your hands … just mount your mobile phone on to the grip, switch to your camera mode and start shooting. It’s so much easier. What’s more, I’m able to mount the whole thing on to a tripod which is great for still photography.
What’s great about the Shiftcam ProGrip, is that it doubles as mobile phone stand with both virtical and horizontal positions. It’s perfect for video conference or use it as a movie station (like watching Netflix).
- Good build quality
- Fast 15W wireless charging
- Accessories includes cold shoe, hand strap (plus lenses are extra)
- Easy to use
- Tripod mountable
- No software/App required
- Doubles as a mobile phone stand
- Compatible with loads of mobile phones
- None I can think of to be honest.
- iPhone 13 Pro Unboxing
- Wide Angle and Macro Photo Lens for Mobile and Tablet
- VIOTEK LinQ 16-inch P16C Portable Monitor Review
- DJI Ronin-SC Pro Combo Stabilizer Review
- ThiEYE V5s 4K Action Camera Review
- WiMiUS L1 4K Action Camera Review
- Yelangu L4 Motorized Autodolly Camera Slider Review