So, here is the picture: You have just moved into your first house or flat and are looking for ways to make it feel like a home where you can be yourself, but what can you do?
Well, as a gaming enthusiast, you need to create a gamers paradise right in your own home so that you can kick back after a long day at the office and enjoy the games you grew up with from the comfort of your first home. To help you out, this guide will walk you through the five key steps of how to create this idyllic retreat behind your own front door and start living the life you have always dreamt of.
The right console
The most important thing to buy as a gamer, no surprises here, is the perfect gaming console. With so many on the market and constant innovations making gameplay better, this is a choice easier said than done.
A good way to narrow down your search is to take a look at what the industry professionals have shortlisted as the best gaming consoles this year so that you are safe knowing that whatever you choose off of this list will be at the top of the market.
The top three this year include:
- PlayStation 4 Pro
- Xbox 1 X
- Nintendo Switch
Top tip for making your choice: Look at the gaming console you have now and the types of games you love to play and see which of these games is being carried forward onto what new console. This will help you to narrow down your choice and ensure you can play your favorite games.
Having the right look
Of course, as any gamer will know, the perfect console is worth nothing if you are playing on a bad TV screen. Getting a state-of-the-art TV is not only great for gaming but the staple of any living room and the centerpiece of the main communal space of the home, so this investment is one of the most vital. There is lots of advice on what TV is best for gaming online that give specific reviews of different TV makes and models, but the best way to decide which screen is going to be right for you is to go in with a checklist:
- The TV should have High-Definition picture quality with the developers focusing on detail and quality of color on the screen. This will help the games you play become more immersive and look incredible.
- You can get TV’s in huge sizes and, while this can look great, if your buying for a small apartment, this will look overcrowded and tacky. Measure the space where the TV will go and buy at the appropriate size.
- Make sure the TV you bad has either a.) great sound quality built-in or b.) can have an additional sound bar added to get the best audio possible.
These are the three basic things you should keep your eye out for when making your decision.
Comfort is key
A gaming chair is a die-hard gamers must-have item so that you can have the best experience possible. To make an educated use of your money, you need to know exactly what to look for in a gaming chair. Here are the top three rules that make a gaming chair an amazing addition to your gameplay:
- Ergonomics: The comfort of your chair needs to be your top priority because a chair that doesn’t give you proper back support, your gaming experience will cause you pain and make you less inclined to use your new space. Besides, if you are distracted by back pain, you won’t have your full attention on winning.
- The size: Given you are buying this gaming chair for your first house, you need to be realistic about the amount of space you can take up with a chair. Some of the more luxury models can be humungous, so always make sure you are buying your chair from a shop where you can actually see the size before you buy.
- Armrests: This is something no good gaming chair will come without. If you don’t have armrests, you will have more stress put upon your shoulder and neck leading to pain. Make sure you try the chair out to check your arms fit comfortably on the rests for gameplay.
Affording the tech
As a rule, money is well spent when it is invested in something you will use countless times, value, and have fun using. With this in mind, it is a great idea to invest in these pieces for your new home because it will make the place yours and give you a hobby you can indulge in for years to come.
To help you afford this, using something like a first premier credit card is a great way to kit out your house at the start, so you don’t have to wait to begin living your life, and pay the money back in installments.
When you first fly the nest and take that leap of faith into the world, having something familiar and comforting is a great way to get used to this new way of living.
The finishing touches
When you have a game night, either by yourself or with friends around, the fact you now have your own place instantly shows you are too old to be gaming with a jumbo bag or tortilla chips and a huge bottle of soda. Instead, you can try out these snacks you can make for a game night to upgrade your time and impress your friends with this little touch of sophistication. Here are a few ideas to get your culinary juices flowing:
- Soft pretzel bites
- Veggie flatbread
- Thai spring rolls with peanut dipping sauce
- Filled potato skins with pepperoni and jalapenos
- Greek yogurt and honey blueberry muffins
- Homemade nachos
Try and be healthy as well as fun in your foods. After all, your character may be scaling rooftops, but you sadly are not.