CHERRY, the specialist for computer input devices, presents CHERRY KEYS. This free software tool for straightforward customization of keyboards and mice allows users to configure their input devices according to their individual demands. The software tool works with virtually every keyboard and mouse on the market, although it achieves best results with original CHERRY products.
CHERRY KEYS offers an intuitive user interface for assigning specific tasks to individual keys of the keyboard or mouse. The tool shows the configurable keys or buttons on all available input devices and lets you customize them with the click of a mouse button, using different colours to show which keys have been reprogrammed. CHERRY offers a variety of options to reprogram individual keys, such as opening programs, files, folders or web pages at the touch of a button. System functions (logoff, lock, standby) or multimedia commands are also possible. Complete input sequences — so-called macros — or even recorded texts can be saved as a shortcut and started or inserted as required.
Useful in everyday working life
Thanks to CHERRY KEYS, many scenarios open up that can make day-to-day business more convenient:
- Store frequently used text blocks as an Fn-key shortcut (e.g. “Dear Sir or Madam,”);
- Create shortcuts to frequently used web pages, like the company lunch menu or the intranet;
- Add multimedia functions like Play, Pause, Previous and Next to keyboards that lack multimedia keys;
- Launch pre-defined programs such as the mail client or web browser;
- Quickly log off or lock the PC when you’re leaving your workstation;
- Add Copy and Paste functionality to your mouse buttons to increase work productivity.
CHERRY KEYS is now available as a free download for Windows 10 (32-bit or 64-bit) systems here.