NVIDIA today released the latest version of GeForce desktop software. Version 418.91 WHQL adds day-one optimization for “Metro Exodus,” including the game’s RTX support. It also adds support for DLSS in both “Battlefield V” and “Metro Exodus.” This last part is crucial because DLSS requires a lot of pre-processed “ground truth” data from NVIDIA to work, which are shipped in driver updates like these. The drivers also fix a wide range of issues related to G-SYNC, “Apex Legends,” display corruption on “Hitman 2,” and “ARK Survival.” Grab them from the link below.
DOWNLOAD: NVIDIA GeForce 418.91 WHQL
The change-log follows.
- [G-SYNC]: With a G-SYNC and G-SYNC Compatible display connected in clone mode, flashing occurs on games played on the G-SYNC display with G-SYNC enabled. 
- [Apex Legends]: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG error message may appear and then the game crashes.
- [Hitman 2]: Pixelated corruption appears in the game. 
- [Iray][OptiX]: Iray GPU acceleration crashes and falls back to CPU acceleration. 
- [HDR][Ni no Kuni 2]: Enabling HDR causes the application to crash when launched. 
- [ARK Survival]: Multiple errors and then blue-screen crash may occur when playing the game. 
- [Batman: Arkham Origins]: PhysX fog renders incorrectly 
- [Firefox]: Cursor shows brief corruption when hovering on certain links in Firefox. 
- Dynamic Super Resolution (DSR) is not available for monitors with 4k2k timings. 
- Random desktop flicker occurs on some multi-display PCs 
- Random TDR events occur. 
- [iRay][OptiX]: iRay GPU acceleration crashes and falls back to CPU acceleration.