NVIDIA today posted, the latest version of GeForce software. Version 442.19 WHQL comes game-ready for “Zombie Army: Dead War 4,” “Apex Legends Season 4,” and “Metro Exodus: Sam’s Story.” With these drivers, NVIDIA improved the maximum frame-rate setting with limits between 20 and 1,000 FPS. Find this setting in “NVIDIA Control Panel>3D Settings>Maximum Frame Rate control.” NVIDIA also introduced VRSS (VR super-sampling), an image quality enhancement that super sampling selectively on the central region of a frame.
Among the bug fixes are a game crash during a cutscene in “The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Blood and Wine,” SETI@Home experiencing driver crash (TDR) on “Maxwell” GPUs, random stoppage of OBS streaming with “Call of Duty Modern Warfare,” Battleye with NVIDIA low-latency mode causing a DWM crash and recovery; certain SLI+G-Sync stutter issues being fixed; a “Doom” (2016) game crash with “Kepler” GPUs, and an NVENC memory leak. Grab the drivers from the link below.
The new Game Ready Driver provides the latest performance optimizations, profiles, and bug fixes for Zombie Army: Dead War 4. In addition, this release also provides optimal support for Apex Legends Season 4 and Metro Exodus: Sam’s Story.
In the last Game Ready Driver, we introduced a new Maximum Framerate Setting into the NVIDIA Control Panel which allowed gamers to set the max framerate a 3D application or game can render. With the latest Game Ready Driver, we’ve incorporated community feedback asking for the limits to be extended. As a result, framerate limits can be as low as 20 FPS and can be raised as high as 1000fps.
New Features and Other Changes
- NVIDIA Control Panel>3D Settings>Maximum Frame Rate control
- Extended the slider values to minimum=20, maximum=1000.
- Added Virtual Reality – Variable Rate Super Sampling (VRSS) setting to the NVIDIA Control Panel ->Manage 3D Settings page.
- VRSS improves image quality by applying super sampling selectively on the central region of a frame.This feature is available for VR applications profiled for VRSS. See this Game Ready Driver article for the latest list of profiled VR apps.
Fixed Issues in this Release
- [The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Blood and Wine]: The game may crash when a user reaches a specific cut scene. 
- [Maxwell GPUs][OpenCL]: SETI@Home shows driver TDR occurring on Maxwell GPUs using OpenCL. 
- [Call of Duty Modern Warfare]: Streaming of gameplay using OBS will randomly stop. 
- [Battleye][Low-Latency Mode]: Launching Battleye with NVIDIA Low Latency Mode set to Ultra may cause DWM to reset. 
- [SLI+G-SYNC Stutter]: User may experience minor stuttering when using NVIDIA SLI in combination with G-SYNC. 
- [Doom (2016)]: The game crashes when launched on GeForce 600/700 series (Kepler) GPUs 
- [NVENC]: Memory leak occurs. 
- [Multiple Apps][SLI][G-SYNC]: Stuttering and drop in frame rate occurs during gameplay with SLI and G-SYNC enabled