It’s finally here … Adobe Photoshop for the iPad.
I am thrilled to invite you to join us at the beginning of something new. The official debut of Photoshop on the iPad and the cloud documents system, a major new release of Photoshop, a new AR app called Adobe Aero; Adobe Fresco on Windows; and quite a lot more.
Today marks a significant evolution of Photoshop. This includes …
- Photoshop on the desktop– We are shipping a major update to Photoshop today with many fabulous performance improvements, new Sensei AI and machine learning magic, new industry-leading editing capabilities, and an integrated cloud documents system to seamlessly save your PSDs across all your devices with Photoshop, with no importing or exporting required. This is the same world class Photoshop that powers your creative work, with lots of new added goodness. Download here.
- Photoshop on the iPad– Version 1.0 launches today. This is just the beginning of our journey to expand Photoshop to devices, increasing your choices on how to work using Photoshop. We are launching the first version on the iPad, starting with Photoshop’s top workflows, compositing, masking and retouching, with more to come. Over time, we’ll add more capabilities and workflows as we learn more about how customers use Photoshop on a mobile device. With Photoshop on the iPad, you can open and edit your PSDs anytime, anywhere. You can see and edit your layered documents and create with many of your favorite Photoshop features using mobile and touch. It is reimagined with a new user experience completely redesigned for the iPad with touch and mobility top of mind. Photoshop on your iPad seamlessly connects to Photoshop on your desktop through the new integrated cloud documents system. More info here.
- Cloud documents– Cloud documents undergoes a major expansion today to support the PSD format. This is a new system that first launched in Adobe XD last year. Today’s evolution enables you to seamlessly save your PSDs among your Photoshop apps and Adobe Fresco, and adds support for Adobe Aero, the new Creative Cloud desktop app and Assets.Adobe.com. For Photoshop, you can access and edit the same document across surfaces without unnecessary imports, conversions, quality loss or exports- no pixel destruction!Also shipping today and connected to Photoshop via cloud documents:
- Adobe Fresco– the new painting and drawing app for the iPad that also uses PSDs and links to Photoshop and the cloud documents system. Today it also launches on Windows.
- Adobe Aero– a new mobile iOS app for designers to create, share and view interactive, immersive experiences set in Augmented Reality. Make your layered PSDs interactive starting today! Whaaaaat? Try it out! Download here.
- Creative Cloud Desktop– the new desktop application that is a portal to your Creative Cloud world of apps, services, collaboration and more. Download here.
For the product team, shipping our first version of Photoshop on the iPad and the cloud documents system is a huge milestone that comes after more than a year of intense work. It is a great burst of energy for us into the world. For you, the customer, this first 1.0 version is just the starting line. We plan to shape this new experience together with you, our customers.