NEC today announced the launch of the MultiSync PA311D, a new 31-inch IPS wide color gamut display with a 4K (4096×2160) resolution. “The MultiSync PA311D will take its place as our flagship monitor in the PA Series of professional desktop displays,” said Kevin Christopherson, Director of Product Marketing at NEC Display Solutions. “It provides higher resolution, along with better black levels and contrast. Further, the PA311D includes USB-C connectivity with 65 W charging and several new cutting-edge features to meet the color-critical needs of professional graphic designers, photographers and video producers.”
The PA311D provides incredibly accurate color due to each unit’s individual factory calibration. It features true 10-bit color with a 14-bit 3D LUT for impeccable accuracy, and supports all professional color spaces (sRGB, Adobe RGB and DCI-P3) and standard video color spaces (Rec. 709, Rec. 2100). Additionally, it supports the HLG and PQ HDR standards. This model also includes NEC’s custom color processor, the SpectraView II Engine, an always-on backlight sensor for stable color and brightness for the life of the display, as well as a low-latency mode when working with live video. Additionally, Picture in Picture, Picture by Picture and ICC profile support simplify color-critical workflows.
- 100% coverage of AdobeRGB color space
- Superior screen performance (1400:1 contrast ratio, 4096×2160 true 4K native resolution, 350cd/m2 brightness)
- HDR support
- 14-bit 3D internal programmable lookup tables (LUTs) for calibration
- Picture in Picture and Picture by Picture modes increase productivity by displaying two sources simultaneously
- MultiProfiler software provides complete control over the five picture modes, including the loading of any ICC profile directly into the monitor for optimal color space matching
- DisplaySync ProTM controls three computers with only one keyboard and mouse
- Wide connectivity includes both regular and Mini DisplayPort with 10-bit support, 10-bit HDMI, and USB Type-C with 65W of power delivery
- Human Sensor saves power when not in use
- DisplayPort cable compatibility notice
- NaViSet Administrator 2: Free software solution that greatly eases administration and management of larger display device installations
- Available with SpectraViewII Color Calibration Kit (PA311d-BK-SV)
The PA311D is touch capable and comes equipped with a 150 mm adjustable stand with tilt and swivel capabilities. It is also available with an optional hood (HD2PA31). For the first time in its category, the PA311D offers USB-C connectivity, capable of 65 W charging. Combined with USB-C, it also offers best-in-class connectivity with DisplayPort 1.2 (2), HDMI (2), and a USB 3.1 hub (2 up/3 down).
Designed and manufactured to last, the MultiSync PA311D is backed by a 4-year warranty. It is available November 2019 at a minimum advertised price of $2,999 and in a SpectraView bundle for $3,249. The optional HD2PA31 hood is available for $299.