At an event in China, Xiaomi announced two new premium smartphones and its latest high-end laptop. The new Mi Notebook Pro comes with a metal body, 6.52mm ultra-narrow border, 81.5% screen-to-body ratio and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection.
The notebook comes in Black color and starts at 5,699 yuan or $880 for the Core i5 + 8 GB RAM version, while the top model with the Core i7 + 16 GB RAM version costs 6,999 yuan or around $1080.
Xiaomi promises cool temperature due to improved cooling system that doubles the inbound and outbound air flow. Other specs include a backlit keyboard, a fingerprint sensor built into the trackpad and custom speakers powered by Harman Infinity.
Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro specifications
- 15.6-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection, 170-degree wide viewing angle, 300 nits brightness, 800: 1 contrast ratio, 72% NTSC color gamut
- 8th Gen Intel Core i5-8250U (3.4GHz) / i7-8550U processor (4GHz) with 2GB DDR5 NVIDIA GeForce MX150 GPU
- 8GB / 16GB DDR4 2400MHz RAM, 256GB PCIe SSD, additional SSD expansion slot
- Windows 10
- 1MP HD webcam, digital array microphone
- WiFi 802.11ac 2×2 (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.1
- Dimensions: 360.7 x 243.6mm x 15.9mm; Weight: 1.95kg
- 2 x USB 3.0 port, HDMI, 2 x USB Type-C, 3-in-1 (SD/SDHC/SDXC) card reader
- 5mm audio jack, 2.5W × 2 Harman Infinity customized speakers, Dolby Atmos
- 60Wh battery with up to 9h of local video playback, 8.5h web browsing