Big news from the Connect stage: Meta Quest 3 hits shelves October 10, and pre-orders are open now! The world’s first mass-market mixed reality headset starts at $499.99 USD for the 128 GB version and $649.99 USD for those who want a larger storage capacity at 512 GB. But wait, there’s more! For a limited time, your Meta Quest 3 purchase comes bundled with Asgard’s Wrath 2 – a $59.99 USD value. And for the 512 GB SKU, we’ll also kick in a six-month trial of Meta Quest+ for a combined value of over $100 USD.
Mixed Reality: Explore Like Never Before
Immersive experiences can transport you to fantastical worlds that defy the laws of physics, but the physical world—and the connections you’ve made there—are pretty important, too. That’s why Meta Quest 3 features breakthrough mixed reality that enables a spectrum of experiences. You can watch immersive NBA games courtside or open a portal to another dimension right from the comfort of your living room – all while high-fidelity, full-color Passthrough keeps your physical surroundings in sight with over 10 times more pixels compared to Meta Quest 2.
From the moment you put on the headset, you experience the difference of MR with a full-color Passthrough view of the world around you. This gives you the option to choose your level of immersion – and helps ease newcomers into all that MR has to offer. And whether you’re playing games or collaborating with colleagues, bringing virtual content into your physical space can make the experience more engaging and realistic.
Just double-tap the side of your Meta Quest 3 headset to seamlessly transition between a fully immersive experience and a blended environment with virtual elements overlaid on your physical surroundings.
With double the graphic processing power of Meta Quest 2, Meta Quest 3 is the world’s first device to feature the new Snapdragon XR2 Gen 2 platform we helped develop in collaboration with Qualcomm Technologies. Load times are lightning fast, and incredibly crisp details in immersive games defy expectation—whether you’re solving puzzles on the far reaches of space in Red Matter 2 or traveling through the walker-infested streets of NOLA in The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners.
Apps & Games Galore, Plus Introducing Augments
Over 100 new and upgraded titles are coming to Meta Quest 3 through the end of 2023. Over half of those are brand-new apps, and upgrades or MR features are coming to another 50+ titles currently on the Meta Quest Store. And because Meta Quest 3 is backwards-compatible with Meta Quest 2, you get access to the world’s best library of 500+ immersive games and experiences on day one, so there’s something for everyone to discover. Meta Quest 3 delivers the most immersive and interactive ways to do what you love—whether that’s gaming, entertainment, fitness and wellness, travel, design, collaborating with coworkers, or simply socializing. And with Xbox Cloud Gaming coming to Meta Quest in December, you’ll be able to play Halo Infinite, Minecraft Legends, Forza Horizon 5, and hundreds of other high-quality Xbox games—all on a massive 2D screen you can take with you anywhere.*** Read more about the launch slate here.
Meta Quest 3 can automatically map your space and understand important elements like walls, furniture, and objects, so they can interact with the virtual world. This opens up a lot of new possibilities for fun experiences that let you stay connected to the world around you. Throw a virtual ball in a game and watch it bounce off your actual wall. Need to dodge some incoming fire? You can duck behind your coffee table. In Drop Dead: The Cabin, the relentless zombie horde can crawl over your couch. The fuzzy aliens of First Encounters will invade through your ceiling and bash through your walls to take over your room. And with the new MR mode in LES MILLS BODYCOMBAT, you can turn your home into the ultimate home gym.
Starting next year, we’ll also introduce augments: interactive, spatially aware virtual objects that come to life all around you. Imagine hanging your favorite piece of art on an accent wall or a weather augment on your desk that alerts you before rain starts—and every time you put on your headset, these interactive objects appear in the same places. You’ll be able to customize your space with augments like Instagram Reels, interactive music players, and portals that let you quickly jump back into your favorite immersive VR games. We’ll also be launching branded augments like an iHeartRadio music player, Beat Saber trophies, a portal for Supernatural,**** and more.
Our Most Advanced Display & Optics Technology Yet
From lifelike games and documentaries to fantastical landscapes, Meta Quest 3’s visuals are so spectacular you’ll want to reach out and touch the world around you. Our 4K+ Infinite Display achieves a nearly 30% leap in resolution compared to Meta Quest 2. You get 25 pixels per degree and 1,218 pixels per inch for the best resolution across the entire Meta Quest line.
Our next-gen pancake lens optical stack gives Meta Quest 3 a 40% slimmer optic profile compared to Meta Quest 2 without compromising your depth of visual immersion. Sharpness also gets a 25% boost compared to Meta Quest 2, with significantly fewer stray and scattered light artifacts.
Comfort Meets Customization
Meta Quest 3’s redesigned, thinner profile features a more customizable fit and balanced weight distribution than Meta Quest 2, so you can play what you love in maximum comfort. Wearing your headset over your glasses? Adjusting to fit your hairstyle and face shape? We’ve got you covered with our soft adjustable strap design. And for the first time, you can choose from multiple color options for your facial interface and straps to truly make Meta Quest 3 your own.
Our Touch Plus controllers have ditched the tracking ring and added improved sensations with TruTouch haptics. They also have better ergonomics, so your hands move more naturally whether you’re working out or traveling to new realms. You can even explore without controllers, thanks to hand tracking and Direct Touch that follows your gestures, letting you use just your hands to find your way.
Meta Quest 3’s lens distance adjustment wheel gives you more precise lens positioning and smooth distance adjustment, so you can customize the distance between the lenses to enhance your fit and picture clarity. Our innovative optical design allows for an eye box that covers a wider range of interpupillary distances (IPDs), ranging from 53 to 75 mm. And while Meta Quest 2 had a separate spacing insert to accommodate glasses, we’ve conveniently built depth adjustment into the facial interface of Meta Quest 3, so you can adjust the lens distance from your eyes to better fit eyeglasses, or just optimize your fit and viewing experience.
A Home Theater in Your Headset
With your pick of streaming apps plus regular showtimes inside Meta Horizon Worlds, your favorite shows and films appear larger than life for a cinema-level experience from the comfort of home. Feel even more immersed with a nearly 15% wider field of view compared to Meta Quest 2. You can even enjoy your favorite entertainment with friends thanks to our social co-watching experience—no matter where they are in the world.
Surrounded by Sound
Whether you’re catching the latest Hollywood blockbuster, immersed in an epic gaming sesh, working on fitness goals and gains, or hanging out with friends, you’ll be surrounded by the action with a new level of spatial audio. Enjoy enhanced sound clarity and bass performance plus a 40% louder audio range than Meta Quest 2 for the most immersive experience yet. Integrated stereo speakers are there for your convenience, or you can plug in any pair of 3.5 mm headphones via a single headphone jack.
Easy to Set Up, Get Up, and Go
Meta Quest 3 is easy-to-use. All you need is a mobile device to begin the simple setup process, and you’re off to the races—jump into wire-free play with no battery packs, PCs, or consoles required. And it understands your environment, including where it’s safe for you to move around. So no more manually drawing the boundary of your play space: Meta Quest 3 handles that for you automatically.
Accessories to Make Meta Quest 3 Your Own
Last but not least, we revealed a new slate of Meta Quest 3 accessories to enhance your headset experience with added comfort, control, personalization, performance, and convenience. These new accessories can be pre-ordered today and hit shelves on October 10.
Comfort & Control
- Meta Quest 3 Elite Strap—$69.99 USD: Play in comfort with this adjustable, ergonomic head strap that easily adjusts to fit most head sizes with the turn of a dial. This lightweight strap takes pressure off your face and evenly distributes the weight for a more comfortable fit.
- Meta Quest 3 Silicone Facial Interface—$39.99 USD: Wipe away sweat and dirt easily and get right back to your next workout or gaming session. This soft, silicone facial interface provides a cleaner feel and comfortable fit on your face. Get a perfect fit and block out unwanted light from entering your Meta Quest 3.
- Meta Quest Active Straps for Touch Plus Controllers—$39.99 USD: Play with confidence and intensity with these premium, adjustable straps that give extra grip and stability for your Meta Quest Touch Plus Controllers. Designed to comfortably fit most hand sizes, Active Straps provide added stability and effortless grip while you play, navigate, and gesture in virtual and mixed reality.
- Meta Quest 3 Facial Interface & Head Strap—$49.99 USD: Express yourself in bold color and stay comfortable. The fabric facial interface provides breathable cushioning while blocking out unwanted light. And the color-matched, flexible head strap fully adjusts to fit most head sizes for added support. Available in Elemental Blue and Blood Orange.
- Zenni VR Prescription Lenses for Meta Quest 3—$49.99 USD: Enjoy a seamless viewing experience without the hassle of glasses. Lightweight and easy to install, these lenses are custom made by Zenni for your exact prescription. Designed specifically for Meta Quest 3, they provide a perfect fit and high-quality visual experience.
- Meta Quest 3 Elite Strap with Battery—$129.99 USD: Play in comfort and get up to two hours additional VR game playtime with this adjustable ergonomic head strap that features a built-in, lithium-ion battery. Easily adjusts to fit most head sizes while distributing the weight for a more comfortable fit. Charge your headset and head strap battery simultaneously with a single charging cable.
- Meta Quest 3 Charging Dock—$129.99 USD: Be ready to play and stay organized with an all-in-one wireless charging dock for the Meta Quest 3 headset and controllers. Includes rechargeable lithium-ion batteries for your controllers. The charging dock is also compatible with our other accessories including Elite Strap, Elite Strap with Battery, and Active Straps (sold separately).
- Meta Quest Link Cable—$79.99 USD: This cable, which is currently in-market for Meta Quest 2 and Meta Quest Pro, will also work with Meta Quest 3. Connect your headset to your computer, unlocking a new level of gaming with titles optimized to play on PC.
- Meta Quest Touch Pro Controllers—$299.99 USD: Upgrade to self-tracking controllers for a more premium, balanced feel with improved haptic feedback. The self-tracked design allows for a full 360-degree range of motion, while TruTouch Haptics include localized and VCM haptics upgrades. Fine motor controls include precision pinch motion and joystick for increased control of every gesture. Meta Quest Touch Pro Controllers are currently in-market and also work with Meta Quest 2 and Meta Quest Pro.
- Meta Quest 3 Carrying Case—$69.99 USD: Take your headset and accessories on the go with style and protection. Designed for your Meta Quest 3 headset, Touch Plus controllers, charging cable, adapter, headstrap (standard or Elite), and Active Straps, this official accessory ensures a perfect fit, durability, and convenience anywhere you take your gear.
Made for Meta licensed accessories
Made for Meta products are designed by trusted partners to expand the Meta Quest accessories ecosystem with devices that deliver choice, quality, and accessibility. We’re working with licensed partners to release new Made for Meta accessories with the launch of Meta Quest 3, including the Zenni VR Prescription Lenses listed above and Razer Hammerhead Hyperspeed earbuds for Meta Quest 2 and 3, which will launch later this year. Even more partners will ship Made for Meta products in the coming months, with additional details to be shared soon.
Meta Quest 3 and accessories are available for pre-order on the Meta Store in 23 countries and from select retailers including Target and Walmart in the US, Best Buy in the US and Canada, Argos and Currys in the UK, FNAC/DARTY in France, ALTERNATE and MediaMarkt in Germany, Bic Camera and Yodobashi Camera in Japan, and Amazon in all of the above markets.