Kingston Digital Europe Co LLP, the flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., a world leader in memory products and technology solutions, today announced it is shipping the Data Center 450R (DC450R) Enterprise SSD, a high performance 6 Gbps SATA SSD with 3D TLC NAND, designed for read-centric application workloads. This streamlined server SSD delivers on performance while providing exceptional I/O and latency predictability, a requirement now amongst Data Center Class SSDs. Built to Kingston’s strict QoS requirements, the DC450R is designed to ensure performance consistency over a wide range of read intensive and read caching workloads.
Kingston’s DC450R is designed for workloads that require 24/7 uptime and reliability, such as Content Delivery Networks (CDN), edge computing applications and a wide array of software-defined storage architectures. DC450R presents a specifically focused feature set that enables data centers to select the most cost effective SSD for their workloads. Businesses require results as they deliver on products, solutions and service level agreements (SLAs) and DC450R provides system builders and Cloud providers with a high performance, economical SSD standard they can count on.
“Today’s data centers and workloads demand a strategically optimised SSD designed with a streamlined and focused feature set for read-centric applications,” said Tony Hollingsbee, SSD Business Manager, Kingston EMEA. “Our DC450R is designed to deliver on these expectations and gives data center managers the ability to select an SSD tailored for workloads without overspending on more expensive write-intensive SSDs. The 450R delivers I/O speeds and predictable low latency to ensure consistent high-levels of performance – both in the working application and downstream at the user interface.”
DC450R is available in from 480 GB, 960 GB, 1.92 TB, 3.84TB1 capacities and is backed by a limited five-year warranty, free technical support and legendary Kingston reliability.
Data Center 450R Enterprise SSD Features & Specifications
- Read-centric Applications: Performance consistency in Edge Computing and CDN applications.
- Reduce Application Latencies: Database and web-based applications leverage predictable I/O and latency performance.
- Data Integrity Protection: ECC protection with advanced read/disturb management safeguards against data corruption; end-to-end protection.
- Strategically Optimised: Focused feature set enables data centers to select the most cost effective SSD for their workload(s).
- Form Factor: 2.5″
- Interface: SATA Rev. 3.0 (6 Gb/s)
o With backwards compatibility to SATA Rev. 2.0 (3 Gb/s)
- Capacities: 480 GB, 960 GB, 1.92 TB, 3.84 TB
- NAND: 3D TLC
- Self-Encrypting Drive (SED): AES 256-bit Encryption
- Sequential Read/Write:
o 480 GB – 560MBs/510MBs
o 960 GB – 560MBs/530MBs
o 1.92 TB – 560MBs/530MBs
o 3.84 TB – 560MBs/525MBs
- Steady-State 4k Read/Write:
o 480 GB – 99,000/17,000 IOPS
o 960 GB – 98,000/26,000 IOPS
o 1.92 TB – 99,000/28,000 IOPS
o 3.84 TB – 99,000/26,000 IOPS
- Quality of Service (Latency)234: TYP Read/Write: <500 µs / <2 ms
- Hot-Plug Capable
- Static and Dynamic Wear Leveling
- Power Loss Protection (Power Caps): No
- Enterprise SMART Tools: Reliability tracking, usage statistics, SSD life remaining, wear leveling, temperature
- Endurance DC450R:
o 480 GB — 285 TB (0.3 DWPD/5yrs)
o 960 GB — 582 TB (0.3 DWPD/5yrs)
o 1.92 TB — 1301 TB (0.3 DWPD/5yrs)
o 3.84 TB — 2823 TB (0.3 DWPD/5yrs)
- Power Consumption:
- o 480 GB: Idle: 1.05 W Average Read: 1.25 W Average Write: 3.03 W Max Read: 1.25 W Max Write: 4 W
- o 960 GB: Idle: 1.15 W Average Read: 1.3 W Average Write: 3.18 W Max Read: 1.3 W Max Write: 4.25 W
- o 1.92 TB: Idle: 1.22 W Average Read: 1.42 W Average Write: 3.44 W Max Read: 1.42 W Max Write: 4.5 W
- o 3.84 TB: Idle: 1.3 W Average Read: 1.48 W Average Write: 3.93 W Max Read: 1.48 W Max Write: 5.5 W
- Storage Temperature: -40°C ~ 85°C
- Operating Temperature: 0°C ~ 70°C
- Dimensions: 69.9 mm x 100 mm x 7 mm
- Weight: 92.34 g
- Vibration Operating: 2.17G Peak (7-800Hz)
- Vibration Non-operating: 20G Peak (10-2000Hz)
- MTBF: 2 million hours
- Warranty/support: Limited 5-year warranty with free technical support