QNAP Systems, Inc. (QNAP), a leading storage, network and computing solutions provider, today launched the QNA-UC5G1T USB 3.0 to 5GbE adapter, allowing users to add 5GbE/2.5GbE/1GbE/100MbE connectivity to their computers and NAS via USB 3.0. Users can easily upgrade their network speed with the QNA-UC5G1T using an existing CAT 5e cable to increase file transfer speeds and work efficiency.
“Both home and business users require higher bandwidth to take advantage of high-performance systems and faster internet speeds. The handy QNA-UC5G1T adapter can be easily paired with QNAP’s 10GbE switch to create a high-speed network environment at home or in the office to greatly improve network speed and application performance,” said Jason Hsu, Product Manager of QNAP, adding “the QNA-UC5G1T is also useful for adding Ethernet connectivity to modern laptops that lack in-built network ports.”
The QNA-UC5G1T can be connected to other devices using a USB Type-A or Type-C cable. It is palm-sized and passively cooled for easy and prolonged use.
- Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 requires a driver.
- Current versions of macOS do not support the QNA-UC5G1T. Click here to manually install the Aquantia AQC11U driver.
- Linux: Supports Linux core 3.10, 3.12, 3.2, 4.2, and 4.4. Requires the Aquantia AQC11U driver.
- QNAP NAS: QTS 4.3.6 (or later) is required.
- Controller: AQuantia AQC111U
- I/O: 1 x USB 3.0 Type-C; 1 x 5GbE/NBASE-T port
- 0.2M USB 3.0 Type-C to Type-A cable
The QNA-UC5G1T USB 3.0 to 5GbE adapter is now available.