It’s 2017 and Intel have just launched their Z270 chipset and Kaby Lake processors … yet oddly are we still seeing PCI slots on some Z270 motherboards … Why?!
This one is the Gigabyte GA-Z270M D3H motherboard …
Who in the right mind would still include PCI slots in today’s brand new Z270 motherboards?!
- Supports 7th/ 6th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors
- Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- Intel® USB 3.1 Gen 1 with USB Type-C™
- 2-Way CrossFire™ Multi-Graphics Support
- Dual NVMe PCIe SSDs in RAID 0 Support
- Intel® Optane™ Memory Ready
- Ultra-Fast M.2 with PCIe Gen3 x4 & SATA interface
- Triple display interfaces including High Definition Multimedia Interface
- High Quality Audio Capacitors and Audio Noise Guard with LED Trace Path Lighting
- Intel® GbE LAN with cFosSpeed Internet Accelerator Software
- Smart Fan 5 features Multiple Temperature Sensors and Hybrid Fan Headers
- GIGABYTE UEFI DualBIOS™
- APP Center Including EasyTune™ and Cloud Station™ Utilities
Let me add to this list …
- 2 x PCI slots !
More over at Gigabyte’s website.