AMD launched their 2nd Ryzen 3000 series earlier this month (July 2019), and boy, what a storm it created. They beat Intel in the race to become the first manufacturer, to release the world’s first 7nm desktop processors. These new processors from AMD not only offered excellent performance, but also great value for the price.
A friend of mine wanted me to build him a REAL budget system for his home. I then asked him what his budget was … he said around USD $500. So I did the math and here’s what I came up with …
|Motherboard||MSI B450M Mortar Titanium||$125|
|CPU||AMD Ryzen 3 3200G Processor||$99|
|Cooling||Included stock heatsink & fan||$0|
|Ram||Ballistix Sport LT 16GB DDR4-3000||$66|
|HDD||Adata SX 7000 512GB PCIE M.2 SSD||$52|
|PSU||Thermaltake Smart 80+ Plus 750W||$67|
|Chassis||Cooler Master Q300P||$90|
|VGA card||Onboard Radeon Vega 8 Graphics||$0|
Of course, you can choose cheaper chassis, PSU and ram … but it’s what I have in stock already, so that’s the list I came up with. And as you can see, it does include keyboard/mouse or monitor … I assume he has those already.
Since my friend wasn’t a gamer, I decided not to get a discrete GPU for this budget system, but instead opted to go with AMD’s latest 2nd Gen Ryzen 3 3200G with built-in Radeon Vega 8 graphics.
It should be more than enough for his needs … mostly for home/family use, like watching YouTube, surfing the net, online shopping etc. If need more graphics power, he can always get himself a discrete graphics card at a later date.
AMD Ryzen 3 3200G Processor (with Radeon Vega 8 Graphics)
For our budget PC build, we used no other than the latest Ryzen 3 3200G with Radeon Vega 8 Graphics. This processor uses the 12nm FinFET Picasso die (rather than the 7nm Matisse found on the Ryzen 5/7) and features 4 cores/4 threads operating at base frequency of 3.6 GHz with boost speed of 4.0 GHz.
More information on AMD’s website.
MSI B450M Mortar Titanium
- Supports AMD® Ryzen 1st and 2nd Generation/ Ryzen™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics/ Athlon™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics Processors for Socket AM4
- Supports DDR4 Memory, up to 3466(OC) MHz
- Extended Heatsink Design: MSI extended PWM and enhanced circuit design ensures even high-end processors to run in full speed.
- Lightning Fast Game experience: 1x TURBO M.2, AMD Turbo USB 3.1 GEN2, Store MI technology
- Core Boost: With premium layout and fully digital power design to support more cores and provide better performance.
- DDR4 Boost: Advanced technology to deliver pure data signals for the best gaming performance and stability.
- MULTI-GPU: With PCI-E STEEL ARMOR slot. Supports 2-Way AMD Crossfire™
- Mystic Light and Mystic Light Sync: 16.8 million colors / 10 effects in one click. Synchronize RGB strips and other RGB solutions for customization.
- Audio Boost: Reward your ears with studio grade sound quality for the most immersive audio experience
- Flash BIOS Button: Simply use a USB key to flash any BIOS within seconds, without installing a CPU, memory or graphics card.
- In-Game Weapons: Game Boost, GAMING Hotkey, X-Boost
- EZ Debug LED: Easiest way to troubleshoot.
More information on MSI’s website.