Today we’ll be taking a quick look and hands-on on the Canon EOS M6 mirrorless camera. This camera boasts a 24.2 megapixels, APS-C format Canon CMOS Sensor, Dual Pixel CMOS Auto Focus, a flip-up 3.0 inch LCD panel with touchscreen,, and 1080p recording at 60fps. It has a mic-in jack allowing you to add an external microphone, which is essential for all video recording.
I’ve been doing a lot of vlogging lately, and I realized how much of a struggle it’s been using my Sony a6300. The battery life sucks, there’s no flip up/out LCD panel, no touch screen menu, and I think it’s just too troublesome to use it for vlogging and quick video footage. Don’t get me wrong, the Sony a6300 is a great camera. The photo and video quality is amazing. It offers 4K recording and a lot more features than most compact mirrorless out there … it’s just not really a vlogger’s camera.
After doing a little research, I found myself the Canon EOS M6, and I’m pretty happy with it. After playing with it for a few days, I can tell you … it’s probably one of the best vlogging cameras you can get.
Manual Full HD EOS Movie Shooting with Image Stabilization Technology for steady and smooth result
EOS M6 supports full manual 50p/59.94p Full HD (1920 x 1080) EOS Movie shooting. For enhanced movie shooting stability, EOS M6 incorporates “Combination IS” which is a collaboration of the in-lens3 2-axis IS technology and the in-body 5-axis IS technology to ensure steady and smooth movies in scenes where camera shake is obvious, such as shooting while walking. In addition, EOS M6 features a built-in stereo microphone and supports 3.5mm external stereo microphone input for easy creation of high-quality movie with both fabulous sound and visual.
A Time-Lapse movie shooting mode4 is also featured for easy creation and sharing of creative fast-motion movies without the need of post-editing.
High Image Quality with Solid Basic Features
- “Dual Pixel CMOS AF” (DAF) is equipped to provide high speed and precise AF1
- 24.2 megapixels APS-C format Canon CMOS Sensor
- DIGIC 7 Digital Image Processor featuring advanced AF tracking and In-Camera RAW image processing
- Standard ISO range up to 25600
- Max. 9FPS high-speed continuous shooting
- Max. 7FPS continuous shooting with SERVO AF
- 3.0 inch 1.04M-dot Vari-angle capacitive type touch LCD, tilted up 180° and down 45° offers extra convenience for self-portraits, high or low angle shooting
- Speedy 1-sec camera start-up time
High Quality EOS Movie
- “Combination IS”, a collaboration of in-lens IS and in-body IS for movie shooting while walking2
- Built-in stereo microphone and supports 3.5mm external stereo microphone input
- 50p/59.94p3 Full HD EOS Movie with full control on exposure setting and focus
- New Time-Lapse movie shooting mode for sharing without post-editing process4
High Expandability with Easy-to-Use Features
- MF peaking function for precise manual focus
- Panning mode for ideal flowing background5
- Built-in Wi-Fi Wireless Transfer6, remote shooting7, smart device GPS function8printing9 and backup functions
- Supports NFC10 for easy connection with Android smart devices
- Bluetooth® low energy technology for more convenient remote shooting from smartphone in all directions11
- Multi-function dial allows quicker setting and operation
- Compatible with EF-M Lenses and over 60 EF/ EF-S Lenses via Mount Adapter EF-EOS M(Sold separately)
- Compatible to optional lightweight Electronic Viewfinder EVF-DC212
(Sold separately) with only 29g
- 2 colors for selection: Graphite Black or Silver Black
More photos … here.