The Threadripper 1950X has a TDP of 180W, so imagine the amount heat it can produce. Anyway, our idle temperatures averaged around 43 degrees Celsius, which is what I expected.
This is where it gets interesting. At full load using default (AUTO) settings, the temperatures reached a high of 68 degrees Celsius, which is acceptable considering our fan speeds was a low 2,400 rpm.
You can of course turn up the speed of the fans and the CORSAIR AIO water pump using the iCue software … this will decrease the load temperatures further.
Verdict and Conclusion
When I received the Corsair H150i PRO RGB AIO Cooler, I literally had less than an hour to mount this unit into my Beast Ripper Threadripper system, so in terms of installation and ease of use … it was child’s play.
If you want silent operation then use the included ML120 fans. But if you’re a RGB fan like me, then there’s no reason not to replace them with some cool LL120 RGB fans. Use the Corsair iCue software to control the speed of the fans and the AIO water pump.
The H150i Pro RGB AIO is amazingly easy to install and fits a majority of CPU sockets, including Intel 115x, Intel 2011/2066, AMD AM3/AM2, AMD AM4, but for the AMD Threadripper … you’ll need to purchase TR4 bracket separately.
With a large 360mm radiator (3×120) … just make sure you have a big enough chassis, otherwise you might want to check out Corsair’s 240mm version – Hydro Series H100i RGB.
- Extremely easy to install
- iCue compatible
- Good cooling performance
- Good build quality by Corsair
- Fits Intel 115x, Intel 2011/2066, AMD AM3/AM2, AMD AM4,
- AMD TR4 (Purchase seperately TR4 bracket CW-8960054)
- Absolutely none
To all AMD Threadripper owners … if you want a decent AIO cooler with RGB that will fit all TR4 sockets (including AM2/3/4 as well as Intel’s 115x/2011/2066), then seriously check out the Corsair H150i PRO RGB AIO Cooler. It offers good cooling performance, silent operation, and it’s part of the Corsair iCue family.
- Corsair ML140 Pro RGB LED 140mm Fans
- Corsair Hydro Series H60 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Corsair Hydro Series H115i Pro RGB 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Corsair K68 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard – Cherry MX Red
- Corsair T2 Road Warrior Gaming Chair Review
- Corsair HS50 Gaming Headset Review
- Corsair Void Pro RGB Wireless Special Edition Review
- Corsair LL120 RGB LED 120mm Dual Light Loop Fans
- Corsair RM650x Power Supply Review
- Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB DDR4-3000 Memory Kit Review