Features and Specifications
- Supports 9th and 8th Gen Intel® Core™ processors (Socket 1151)
- Supports DDR4 2666
- 2 PCIe 3.0 x16, 1 PCIe 3.0 x1, 1 M.2 Key E for WiFi
- AMD Quad CrossFireX™
- Graphics Output Options: HDMI, DVI-D, D-Sub
- 7.1 CH HD Audio (Realtek ALC892 Audio Codec), ELNA Audio Caps
- 6 SATA3, 2 Ultra M.2 (1 x PCIe Gen3 x4 & SATA3, 1 x PCIe Gen3 x4)
- 7 USB 3.1 Gen1 (2 Front, 4 Rear, 1 Type-C)
- Intel® Gigabit LAN
RULE YOUR OWN LIGHTING WAY – POLYCHROME RGB
This motherboard features onboard RGB headers and an addressable RGB header that allow motherboard to be connected to compatible LED devices such as strip, CPU fans, coolers, chassis and so on. Users may also synchronize RGB LED devices across the Polychrome RGB Sync-certified accessories to create their own unique lighting effects.
Dual M.2 For SSD
Equipped with M.2 slot that supports both SATA3 6Gb/s and PCIe Gen3 x4 Ultra M.2 interface that pushes data transfer speeds up to 32Gb/s, and is compatible with ASRock’s U.2 Kit for installing some of the world’s fastest U.2 PCIe Gen3 x4 SSD.
Full Coverage M.2 Heatsink
A massive full coverage M.2 heatsink that is able to dissipate heat efficiently to ensure your high speed M.2 SSD always working at its best.
XXL Aluminum Alloy Heatsink
Extra large aluminum alloy heat sinks that effectively take away heat from the MOSFET and chipset so that your whole system may perform more stable.
PCI-E STEEL SLOT
The advanced PCI-E Steel Slot packed with solid cover that prevent any signal interference with graphics cards. It also ensures the heavy graphics cards to be well-installed in the PCI-E slot safely.
Intel® LAN provides the best throughput performance, lower CPU utilization, enhanced stability and is able to deliver ultimate network experience to users!
Intel® Optane™ Memory Ready
Supports Intel® Optane™ memory technology and Intel® Optane™ storage technology that redefines a new standard of high performance and responsiveness.
ASRock Intel® 4-Layer Memory POOL Technology
POOL (Planes On Outer Layers) technology allows 4-layer boards to utilize stripline routing instead of micro-strip routing, making motherboard having better electrical properties and performance.
Premium 50A Power Choke
Compared to traditional chokes, ASRock’s premium 50A power chokes effectively make the saturation current up to three times better, thus providing enhanced and improved Vcore voltage to the motherboard.
Sapphire Black PCB
Pure black PCB appearance. The new Sapphire Black PCB represents rock-solid quality and gives the motherboard a more mysterious touch.
High Density Glass Fabric PCB
High Density Glass Fabric PCB design that reduces the gaps between the PCB layers to protect the motherboard against electrical shorts caused by humidity.
This motherboard uses a next generation Hybrid Digi Power design to bring precise control and smooth power. With the ensured efficient and clean power delivery to the CPU, the stability and lifespan of motherboard is also greatly enhanced.
M.2 (KEY E) For WiFi
Besides the onboard LAN port, users may also choose 802.11ac wireless connections by M.2 (Key E) slot. *Wi-Fi module is not included.
3 Graphics Outputs
Complete with all three types of most used connectors! Packed with a D-Sub + DVI-D + HDMI combo.
Graphics, graphics and even more graphics! You’ve demanded for more eye candy, so this motherboard supports Triple Monitor. You may choose up to three display interfaces from the rear i/o to connect monitors and use them simultaneously without installing another graphics card.
ELNA Audio Caps
Who says high quality audio is only available on high-end motherboards? ASRock applied ELNA audio capacitors on mainstream and entry-level motherboards! Compared with traditional solid caps, the leakage current of ELNA audio caps is merely 3uA. This is the key to reduce noise level significantly and satisfy even the pickiest audiophiles.
A-Tuning is ASRock’s multi purpose software suite with a new interface, more new features and improved utilities.
Live Update & APP Shop
ASRock Live Update & APP Shop is designed for your convenience. We provide various apps and support software for users to download. You can also easily optimize your system and keep your motherboard up to date with ASRock Live Update & APP Shop.more
Full Spike Protection
Some sensitive digital components on the motherboard are vulnerable to power surges, the excessive current may cause your system to malfunction immediately. ASRock Full Spike Protection includes various technologies to prevent your motherboard’s components from being damaged by these unexpected voltage spikes.
Unique FeatureASRock Super Alloy
– Premium 50A Power Choke
– Sapphire Black PCB
– High Density Glass Fabric PCB
ASRock Intel® 4-Layer Memory POOL (Planes on Outer Layers) Technology
ASRock Steel Slot
ASRock Full Coverage M.2 Heatsink
ASRock Ultra M.2 (PCIe Gen3 x4 & SATA3)
ASRock Full Spike Protection (for USB, Audio, LAN Ports)
ASRock Live Update & APP Shop
CPU– Supports 9th and 8th Gen Intel® Core™ Processors (Socket 1151)
– Supports CPU up to 95W
– Digi Power design
– 8 Power Phase design
– Supports Intel® Turbo Boost 2.0 Technology
Chipset– Intel® B365
Memory– Dual Channel DDR4 Memory Technology
– 4 x DDR4 DIMM Slots
– Supports DDR4 2666 / 2400 / 2133 non-ECC, un-buffered memory
– Supports ECC UDIMM memory modules (operate in non-ECC mode)
– Max. capacity of system memory: 64GB*
– Supports Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) 2.0
– 15μ Gold Contact in DIMM Slots*Due to the operating system limitation, the actual memory size may be less than 4GB for the reservation for system usage under Windows® 32-bit OS. For Windows® 64-bit OS with 64-bit CPU, there is no such limitation.
BIOS– 128Mb AMI UEFI Legal BIOS with multilingual GUI support
– ACPI 6.0 Compliant wake up events
– SMBIOS 2.7 Support
– CPU, DRAM, PCH 1.0V, VCCIO, VCCSA, VCCST Voltage Multi-adjustment
Graphics– Supports Intel® UHD Graphics Built-in Visuals : Intel® Quick Sync Video with AVC, MVC (S3D) and MPEG-2 Full HW Encode1, Intel® InTru™ 3D, Intel® Clear Video HD Technology, Intel®Insider™, Intel® UHD Graphics
– DirectX 12
– HWA Encode/Decode: AVC/H.264, HEVC/H.265 8-bit, HEVC/H.265 10-bit, VP8, VP9 8-bit, VP9 10-bit (Decode only), MPEG2, MJPEG, VC-1 (Decode only)
– Three graphics output options: D-Sub, DVI-D and HDMI
– Supports Triple Monitor
– Supports HDMI 1.4 with max. resolution up to 4K x 2K (4096×2160) @ 30Hz
– Supports DVI-D with max. resolution up to 1920×1200 @ 60Hz
– Supports D-Sub with max. resolution up to 1920×1200 @ 60Hz
– Supports Auto Lip Sync, Deep Color (12bpc), xvYCC and HBR (High Bit Rate Audio) with HDMI 1.4 Port (Compliant HDMI monitor is required)
– Supports HDCP 2.2 with DVI-D and HDMI 1.4 Ports
– Supports 4K Ultra HD (UHD) playback with HDMI 1.4 Port*Intel® UHD Graphics Built-in Visuals and the VGA outputs can be supported only with processors which are GPU integrated.
Audio– 7.1 CH HD Audio with Content Protection (Realtek ALC892 Audio Codec)*
– Premium Blu-ray Audio support
– Supports Surge Protection
– ELNA Audio Caps*To configure 7.1 CH HD Audio, it is required to use an HD front panel audio module and enable the multi-channel audio feature through the audio driver.
LAN– Gigabit LAN 10/100/1000 Mb/s
– Giga PHY Intel® I219V
– Supports Wake-On-LAN
– Supports Lightning/ESD Protection
– Supports Energy Efficient Ethernet 802.3az
– Supports PXE
Slots– 2 x PCI Express 3.0 x16 Slots (PCIE1/PCIE3: single at x16 (PCIE1); dual at x16 (PCIE1) / x4 (PCIE3))*
– 1 x PCI Express 3.0 x1 Slot (Flexible PCIe)
– Supports AMD Quad CrossFireX™ and CrossFireX™
– 1 x M.2 Socket (Key E), supports type 2230 WiFi/BT module*Supports NVMe SSD as boot disks
Storage– 6 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s Connectors, support RAID (RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 10, Intel®Rapid Storage Technology 17), NCQ, AHCI and Hot Plug*
– 1 x Ultra M.2 Socket (M2_1), supports M Key type 2242/2260/2280 M.2 PCI Express module up to Gen3 x4 (32 Gb/s)**
– 1 x Ultra M.2 Socket (M2_2), supports M Key type 2242/2260/2280/22110 M.2 SATA3 6.0 Gb/s module and M.2 PCI Express module up to Gen3 x4 (32 Gb/s)**
*If M2_2 is occupied by a SATA-type M.2 device, SATA3_0 will be disabled.
**Supports Intel® Optane™ Technology
Supports NVMe SSD as boot disks
Supports ASRock U.2 Kit
Connector– 1 x COM Port Header
– 1 x TPM Header
– 1 x Chassis Intrusion and Speaker Header
– 2 x RGB LED Headers*
– 1 x Addressable LED Header**
– 1 x CPU Fan Connector (4-pin)***
– 1 x CPU/Water Pump Fan Connector (4-pin) (Smart Fan Speed Control)****
– 3 x Chassis/Water Pump Fan Connectors (4-pin) (Smart Fan Speed Control)*****
– 1 x 24 pin ATX Power Connector
– 1 x 8 pin 12V Power Connector
– 1 x Front Panel Audio Connector
– 2 x USB 2.0 Headers (Support 4 USB 2.0 ports) (Supports ESD Protection)
– 1 x USB 3.1 Gen1 Header (Supports 2 USB 3.1 Gen1 ports) (Supports ESD Protection)
*Support in total up to 12V/3A, 36W LED Strip
**Supports in total up to 5V/3A, 15W LED Strip
***The CPU Fan Connector supports the CPU fan of maximum 1A (12W) fan power.
****The CPU/Water Pump Fan supports the water cooler fan of maximum 2A (24W) fan power.
*****The Chassis/Water Pump Fan supports the water cooler fan of maximum 2A (24W) fan power.
CPU_FAN2/WP, CHA_FAN1/WP, CHA_FAN2/WP and CHA_FAN3/WP can auto detect if 3-pin or 4-pin fan is in use.
Rear Panel I/O– 1 x PS/2 Mouse/Keyboard Port
– 1 x D-Sub Port
– 1 x DVI-D Port
– 1 x HDMI Port
– 2 x USB 2.0 Ports
– 1 x USB 3.1 Gen1 Type-C Port (Supports ESD Protection)
– 4 x USB 3.1 Gen1 Ports (Supports ESD Protection)
– 1 x RJ-45 LAN Port with LED (ACT/LINK LED and SPEED LED)
– HD Audio Jacks: Line in / Front Speaker / Microphone
Software and UEFISoftware
– ASRock A-Tuning
– ASRock Polychrome RGB
– ASRock XFast LAN
– ASRock EZ Mode
– ASRock Full HD UEFI
– ASRock My Favorites in UEFI
– ASRock Instant Flash
– ASRock Internet Flash*These utilities can be downloaded from ASRock Live Update & APP Shop.
Support CD– Drivers, Utilities, AntiVirus Software (Trial Version), Google Chrome Browser and Toolbar
Accessories– Quick Installation Guide, Support CD, I/O Shield
– 2 x SATA Data Cables
– 3 x Screws for M.2 Sockets
– 1 x Standoff for M.2 Socket
Hardware Monitor– Temperature Sensing: CPU, CPU/Water Pump, Chassis/Water Pump Fans
– Fan Tachometer: CPU, CPU/Water Pump, Chassis/Water Pump Fans
– Quiet Fan (Auto adjust chassis fan speed by CPU temperature): CPU, CPU/Water Pump, Chassis/Water Pump Fans
– Fan Multi-Speed Control: CPU, CPU/Water Pump, Chassis/Water Pump Fans
– CASE OPEN detection
– Voltage monitoring: +12V, +5V, +3.3V, CPU Vcore, DRAM, PCH 1.0V, VCCSA, VCCST
Form Factor– Micro ATX Form Factor: 9.6-in x 9.0-in, 24.4 cm x 22.9 cm
– Solid Capacitor design
OS– Microsoft® Windows® 10 64-bit
More information can be found on ASRock’s website.