Conclusion and Verdict
In conclusion, the B550 AORUS Pro from Gigabyte is a great entry level motherboard option. You get a lot of the same performance as the high-end X570 motherboards minus a few options and less peripheral ports. Lets compared the two a little closer. Similarities, both have X16 PCIe Gen 4 CPU graphics support, PCIe Gen 4 CPU Storage support, and USB 3.2 Gen2 support. Differences, B550 only has PCIe Gen 3 and the X570 offers up PCIe Gen 4 general purpose lanes, alongside PCIe Gen 4 CPU chipset uplink. I am have always opted for the higher end boards personally but this one is making wonder if the higher end chipsets are always worth it. I am not losing much, if any, performance by going with the B550 compared to the X570. And the B550 is future proof when the new AMD Ryzen 4000 processors make it our way.
The biggest difference between the B550 and the X570 is the lack of the PCIe 4.0 general lanes on the B550. This will limit the total bandwidth but the performance didn’t take the hit I was expecting. But we do get the M2 PCIe 4.0 and GPU lanes though. And this is why I believe we aren’t seeing much of a performance hit!
Picking a new motherboard can be a confusing task. Hopefully I helped in explaining the new b550 and showed you the differences in the top of the line X570 and this new B550.
- Future support
- M.2 Heatsinks
- VRM Design
- AMP-UP Audio
- Lack of the PCIe 4.0 lanes. except from the NVMe and GPU
- Not exactly budget in terms of price compared to older X570 setups
- No Wi-Fi on this model
I really enjoyed reviewing the B550 AORUS Pro. This motherboard proved to be beyond rock-solid stable throughout my testing. If you are looking for a budget option to get into the new Ryzen processors then take a look into B550 chipset from Gigabyte.
- Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1650 D6 WINDFORCE OC 4G Graphics Card Review
- Gigabyte Radeon RX 5500 XT GAMING OC 8G Graphics Card Review
- Gigabyte Aorus Liquid Cooler 240 Review
- GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER GAMING OC 6G Video Card Review
- GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GAMING OC 8G Video Card Review
- GIGABYTE Radeon RX 5700 XT Gaming OC 8G Video Card Review