After skipping the Z690 chipset series, Supermicro released a new gaming motherboard with the latest Intel Z790 chipset. The SUPERO C9Z90-CGW gives us a different point of view on modern gaming motherboards for more professional users.
The new SUPERO motherboard promises unique features and exceptional performance. This review will tell you some more about what you can expect from the C9Z790-CGW motherboard combined with the latest Intel processors.
The review will start with specifications and features, and later we will present to you how the motherboard performs.
SUPERO C9Z790-CGW Key Features
- 12th (up to 8+8 cores)/13th (up to 8+16 cores) Gen Intel® Core™ i9/i7/i5/i3, Pentium® and Celeron® Processors, LGA 1700 (Intel® H Socket), TDP up to 125W
- Intel® Z790
- Up to 128GB Unbuffered non-ECC UDIMM 4 DDR5 4400MT/s, 5000+MT/s (OC)
- 2 PCIe 5.0 x16 Slots (16/NA or 8/8) with Armor protection (only available for discrete graphics or storage cards) 2 PCIe 3.0 x1 Slot M.2 Interface: 1 PCIe 4.0 x4, 2 PCIe 3.0 x4, RAID 0,1,5 M.2 Form Factor: 2260/2280/22110 M.2 Key: M-Key
- Single LAN with Intel® single Ethernet PHY i219V Single LAN with Marvell AQC113
Cutting-Edge Features & World-Record Performance
The SUPERO Pro Gaming series has reached world record status with our previous MBs, and we expect new records to be broken with our latest C9Z790-CG/CGW motherboards. Our motherboards were made to handle fast data rates with consistently high performance.
Infused with server DNA, SUPERO motherboards offer unmatched reliability and durability paired with premium gaming features. Top shelf components optimize efficiency and improve thermal performance, enabling SUPERO motherboards to survive in treacherous environments where others have perished. As the backbone of your system, SUPERO motherboards offer the latest and greatest hardware implemented through world-class engineering, providing the quality you deserve with the features you desire.
- Supermicro C9X299-PG300 Motherboard Review
- Supermicro C7B360-CB-MW Intel Coffee Lake Motherboard Review
- Supermicro C7Z370-CG-IW ITX Motherboard Review
- Supermicro Z270 C7Z270-CG Motherboard Review
- Supermicro C9Z590-CGW Motherboard Review