Verdict and Conclusion
The ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 2080 AMP Extreme Core positions itself exactly where it supposed to … in between the RTX 2070 and the RTX 2080 Ti. The overall performance is extremely good due the overclocked GPU running at a boost speed 1860 Mhz (default is boost speed is 1710 Mhz).
We got a score of 6,263 in 3DMark Port Royal, with a DLSS (on) test score of 65.58 fps. Final Fantasy XV score was also very good at 10,579.
The card comes with all of Zotac’s usual enthusiast features such as ICE STORM 2.0 cooling, Power Boost, SPECTRA 2.0 Lighting System, OC Scanner, and FireStorm Utility for overclocking. We didn’t overclock the card, as it’s more than fast enough … but if you want to, you can use the Firestorm software to overclock your card even further. It should reach above 1900 Mhz +. But be warned … please be very careful. Any overclocking is done at your own risk.
Load temperatures reached a high of 75 degrees Celisus which is a too high for my liking, but Zotac’s ICE STORM 2.0 cooling, along with the triple fans handled it without any issues.
Power consumption of this card is pretty hefty at 225W at Nvidia’s stock speeds. And since this is a RTX 2080 AMP Extreme core with an overclocked, power consumption will reach 300W or higher. We recommend a minimum power supply of 650W … ideally 750W or higher.
There’s one thing you need to know, that is … the RTX 2080 (and RTX 2080 Ti) are the only cards that come with the NVLink connector for SLI configuration. So if you want a SLI multi-GPU gaming setup, then the RTX 2080 is the bare minimum you’ll need. Sadly, both the RTX 2070 and the RTX 2060 do not support SLI.
- GeForce RTX 2080
- Overclocked GPU
- Supports SLI via NVLink Connector
- Excellent performance
- ICESTORM 2.0 with Active Fan Control
- 8GB GDDR6 memory
- 16+4 Power Phase with PowerBoost
- SPECTRA 2.0 Lighting System – RGB
- FireStorm Software
- For this card – None I can think of really
If you’re a hardcore enthusiast gamer who wants an overclocked Geforce RTX 20-series graphics card that can support SLI configuration, then take a good look at the ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 2080 AMP Extreme Core. It offers everything you’ll ever need … excellent performance, solid stability, RGB lighting, decent cooling and more.
- ZOTAC Gaming GeForce GTX 1660 Ti AMP (6GB GDDR6) Graphics Card Review
- ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 2060 AMP (6GB GDDR6) Review
- ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 2070 OC MINI (8GB GDDR6) Review
- ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 2080 Ti AMP Extreme (11GB GDDR6) Review
- Zotac GeForce GTX 1070 Ti AMP Extreme (8GB GDDR5) Review
- ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Mini Graphics Card Review
- Zotac GeForce GTX 1080 Ti AMP Edition (11GB GDDR5X)
- Zotac GeForce GTX 1080 AMP Extreme Edition (8GB GDDR5X)
- Zotac GeForce GTX 1070 AMP Edition Review (8GB GDDR5)
- Zotac GeForce GTX 1060 AMP Edition (6GB GDDR5)