Some people love traditional casino games like poker, baccarat, blackjack and roulette – but others don’t look further than slots, which have always been hugely popular in land-based and online casinos. As such, the innovations are coming thick and fast – and slot games today are available in more quantity and quality than ever.
So how do you find a slot machine that suits you? Well that’s where we come in. We’ve been set the task of trawling through the plethora of online slots to separate the wheat from the chaff. Here’s one of our favourites – the Treasure Fair slot game, which is one of the most engaging and immersive slot games out there right now.
What’s the story?
Nowadays, every slot game needs to have an enticing story to catch the interest of potential customers. The format has come a long way since the first primitive fruit machine style efforts, with horror, drama and popular culture themes all being incorporated.
Treasure Fair takes things a step further, with a compelling background story and high-quality graphics that draw you in to play longer. The slot reels are placed on the side of a traditional caravan. To the left of the caravan is the figure of a gaunt, macabre ringmaster watching over your game, and in the background you will hear a squawking monkey that resembles the winged monkey from 1939 classic film, The Wizard of Oz.
These themes and graphics provide a warm sense of intrigue while you’re enjoying playing the slot game itself. It also ensures the game isn’t too tacky, with a lot of other whizzing, whirring and shiny slots.
How to win at Treasure Fair
Now we’ve ascertained that this slot looks and sounds good, let’s get down to the nitty-gritty – the real reason we’re playing. The money. On the face of it, Treasure Fair has a slightly lower return to player than most slots: 94.82%.
However, what it lacks in RTP it makes up with in bonus features, which it has a lot of, and they are also easy to trigger. If played smartly, you can make yourself a tidy profit on this 25 pay line slot.
The high value symbols to look out for when you’re playing are all connected to the circus theme. There’s the clown, the fire eater, the strongman, the fortune teller and the laughing policeman. Match any of these and you’ll be winning a decent wedge of money. The lower value icons are 10, Jack, Queen, King and Ace.
Is there a WILD? Yes, and you’d have to have your eyes closed to miss it! It’s a big, red WILD icon in capitals.
Online slots aren’t like other casino games, so there’s no sure-fire guidebook that can tell you how to be successful at them or win loads of money. However there are a few tips we can give you to get some money from your enjoyment of Treasure Fair.
You never know when your luck might be in and you could win the jackpot in your first gaming session – but otherwise, you should approach the game with these three golden rules in mind:
- Play those bonus features. You’re not going to make any money off this game just from spinning away because of the low RTP. So the bonus games give you a real opportunity to make some cash. You have to make sure you make the most of the bonuses to finish in the black rather than the red.
- Set a limit. While you should incrementally increase your stakes as you play to stand the best chance of winning, make sure you stay within your limits. It’s far too easy to get carried away while playing this slot because of the graphics and the alluring bonuses.
- Progressive jackpots. Treasure Fair is one of those glorious online slots that features a progressive jackpot, so make sure you start betting as low as possible before incrementally increasing your stakes. The progressive jackpots are awarded randomly, but if you steadily increase your bets you’ll be looking at a bigger slice of the jackpot. Oh, did we mention that the maximum win on this is a life-changing £100,000?
What bonus features are there?
- Exploding Wild. The exploding wild only appears on reel three, but when it does it will explode and spread up to four wilds across the other reels. You’ll receive around 3 free spins with the wilds locked in place, giving you a chance to make some decent money.
- Wheel of Fortune. If you land three of the high value symbols mentioned above on reels two, three and four then you’ll trigger the Wheel of Fortune, which decides which of five possible bonus games you’ll play and the multiplier on your wins too. The 5 bonus games are all fairly similar. Based on the 5 main characters, you’ll have to choose one to reveal which prize or multiplier you’ll receive.
- The gamble feature. No decent game show is complete without a gamble feature, and the same is true for a good online slot. Just below the reels is the ‘Double Up’ button which triggers an all or nothing gamble, where you bet on the outcome of a coin toss. Win and you’ll double your money, lose and you’re staring at nothing – so only use this feature if you’re happy to gamble away what you’ve got in one instant. The question is: are you feeling lucky?
Our Verdict: 5/5
We don’t normally like to give the full 5 out of 5 rating to slot games as it implies that the game is perfect – but Treasure Fair pretty much is perfect. We loved the graphics, the layout, the sounds and the premise of this game along with the bonus features. While we didn’t win £100,000, we enjoyed playing this slot and did end up with in profit – so if you’re looking for a new game, you can bank on this one offering you some bang for your buck.