AMD today posted the latest version of Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition. Version 19.7.3 beta comes in the nick of time with optimization for “Wolfenstein: Youngblood,” with up to 13 percent higher frame-rates on offer compared to 19.7.2. The release also adds Radeon GPU Profiler and Microsoft PIX for Radeon RX 5700 series. AMD also expanded its Vulkan API support by adding six new extensions, two of which are AMD-exclusive, and four standard. These include VK_EXT_display_surface_counter, VK_AMD_pipeline_compiler_control, VK_AMD_shader_core_properties2, VK_EXT_subgroup_size_control, VK_KHR_imageless_framebuffer, and VK_KHR_variable_pointers.
Among the fixed issues are “League of Legends” failing to launch with RX 5700-series on Windows 7; RX 5700 series experiencing application crashes with DirectX 9 applications after an Express Upgrade, Windows Mixed Reality not launching with Radeon Image Sharpening enabled on RX 5700-series; out-of-sync audio with ReLive VR; incorrect Radeon Wattman power gauge values for Radeon VII; AMD Log Utility not correctly installing; performance drops with Radeon Anti-Lag; minor stutter noticed in the first few minutes of “Fotnite” gameplay on RX 5700-series; Radeon Overlay flickering over Vulkan apps with Image Sharpening enabled; and some corruption noticed when running Adobe Premier Pro 2019 benchmarks. Grab the driver from the link below.
DOWNLOADS: AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 19.7.3
The change-log follows.
- Wolfenstein : Youngblood
o Up to 13% better performance with Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.7.3 in Wolfenstein: Youngblood than with Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.7.2RS-304
- Radeon GPU Profiler on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products
- Microsoft PIX on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products
Added Vulkan Support
- VK_EXT_display_surface_counter: This extension defines a vertical blanking period counter associated with display surfaces. It provides a mechanism to query support for such a counter from a VkSurfaceKHR object
- VK_AMD_pipeline_compiler_control: This extension provides a way to set per-pipeline compiler options, for instance, to relax rounding rules when working with mixed-precision floating point values.
- VK_AMD_shader_core_properties2: This extension exposes additional, AMD specific shader core properties for a physical device
- VK_EXT_subgroup_size_control: This extension provides additional control over subgroup size, allowing applications for instance to opt-in to different subgroup sizes on devices supporting more than just one.
- VK_KHR_imageless_framebuffer: This extension allows framebuffers to be created without the need for creating images first, allowing more flexibility in how they are used, and avoiding the need for many of the compatibility rules.
- VK_KHR_variable_pointers: This extension allows implementations to indicate their level of support for the SPV_KHR_variable_pointers SPIR-V extension. The SPIR-V extension allows shader modules to use invocation-private pointers into uniform and/or storage buffers, where the pointer values can be dynamic and non-uniform. This release adds the optional VariablePointers support.
- League of Legends may fail to launch on Radeon RX 5700 Series Graphics with Windows 7 system configurations.
- Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products may experience DirectX 9 application crashes or hangs after an express upgrade of Radeon Software.
- Windows Mixed Reality may fail to launch when Radeon Image Sharpening is enabled on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products.
- Audio may be out of sync with videos when using Radeon ReLive VR.
- Incorrect values may be shown in the power gauge for Radeon WattMan while applications are running on AMD Radeon VII.
- AMD Log Utility Driver may intermittently fail to install on Windows 7 system configurations.
- Radeon Anti-Lag may experience slight performance drops on some gaming applications when enabled.
- Minor stuttering may occur when playing Fortnite during the first few minutes of gameplay on AMD Radeon RX 5700 Series Graphics.
- Radeon Overlay may experience flickering in Vulkan API games when Radeon Image Sharpening is enabled.
- Corruption may be observed in some tests when running Adobe Premier Pro 2019 benchmarks.