Unbreakable K-Board with Smart Sensors Lets You Make Music Whenever Creativity Hits
For all of you seasoned or aspiring musicians alike, KMI has recently introduced a new ultra portable MIDI keyboard that is designed to easily create music on-the-go with your mobile devices. And supposedly, it is unbreakable. Challenge accepted?
October 16, 2014, Berkeley, CA – Keith McMillen Instrument (KMI) www.keithmcmillen.com, a leading developer of innovative music hardware and software technologies to make computers feel and respond like musical instruments, announced today K-Board™, an ultra portable unbreakable 13 inch USB MIDI keyboard — the easiest way to make music with iPads, Android tablets, and Mac, Windows, and Linux laptops and computers on the go. Available exclusively through Guitar Centers nationwide for $99, K-Board is a light-weight backlit USB MIDI nano keyboard with smart sensors that provides instant music creativity on the road with professional musical features at a consumer price — the perfect gift for all musicians.
Plug-N-Play & Unbreakable, Travel-Friendly Music Companion for any Tablet or Laptop
K-Board is rugged (with no moving parts) and unbreakable, it survives being put in and pulled out of backpacks and kicked around at concerts and on the road. It has been run over by a car, dropped from a 2 story building, taped onto a watermelon, and more — all without breaking. The perfect traveling companion to any laptop or tablet, K-Board is lightweight at 345 grams (12 ounces) and small at 13 inches x 3.5 inches and works with all USB devices to ignite creativity and bring out the musician in everyone, anywhere. K-Board also works with all leading music software, including Apple Garage Band, Apple Logic Pro, Ableton Live, Native Instruments NI Komplete, and Moog Animoog for iPad, among others.
First Consumer Keyboard Product from Award-Winning KMI, Innovators of Electronic Instruments & The Choice of Professional Leading Musicians
Based on KMI’s award-winning and critically acclaimed QuNexus keyboard, K-Board builds on KMI’s long history of innovations in electronic instruments and is the first consumer offering from the company. K-Board includes high-end musical features at a consumer-friendly price, such as touch-sensitive smart fabric under every key for effects and expression, speed detection, pressure, and tilt; polyphonic pitch bend; and octave up/down buttons for a 7 octave range, among other features. KMI keyboards are the choice of well-known musicians, including Herbie Hancock*, Ritchie Hawtin, Lorde, John Paul Jones (Led Zeppelin), and Childish Gambino. “K-Board fulfills a dream for us of bringing the power and expressiveness of our instruments to anyone,” said Keith McMillen, Founder, KMI. “My 35 years of marrying music and technology is realized in this product.”
• Professional backlit keyboard with consumer pricing.
• Rugged, unbreakable design.
• USB powered, receives power directly from iOS device or computer.
• Class compliant for iOS, Android, Mac OS, Windows and Linux, no drivers required.
• 25 smart sensor keys detect velocity, pressure, and tilt.
• Professional musician features, including polyphonic pitch bend and aftertouch, pitch bend pad, Octave up/down buttons for a 7 octave range.
• Ultra portable, with dimensions of: 3.3” x 12.8” x 0.43” (84mm x 325mm x 11mm) and light-weight: 0.76 lb (345g).
• Works with all USB devices, including tablets and computers: iPad and other iOS devices (Apple USB connection kit required, not included), Mac – OSX, Windows XP, 7, and 8, Android tablets, and LINUX computers.
• Works with all leading music software, including Apple Garage Band, Apple Logic Pro, Ableton Live, Native Instruments NI Komplete, Moog Animoog for iPad.
Available at Guitar Centers throughout the U.S.
K-Board will be available November 1, 2014, priced at $99 from Guitar Centers throughout the U.S. and online at: http://www.guitarcenter.com/. For more information, see http://www.keithmcmillen.com/k-board/overview, website: www.keithmcmillen.com, Twitter @keithmcmillen.
Source: KMI via Thomas PR