ATTO Technology, Inc., a global leader of storage, network connectivity and infrastructure solutions for data-intensive computing environments for 30 years, announced today they are now shipping the new ATTO ThunderLink 3128 Thunderbolt 3 to 12Gb SAS/SATA adapter. The latest addition to the ATTO Thunderbolt adapter family, ThunderLink 3128 provides users with fast and reliable storage connectivity while enabling scalability for next generation platforms and infrastructures. Optimized for extremely low latency and high-bandwidth data transfers, ThunderLink 3128 offers flexibility and reliability for the most demanding applications.
“The anticipated Thunderbolt 3 to 12Gb SAS/SATA adapter enhances the industry’s broadest portfolio of Thunderbolt adapters for storage and network connectivity,” said Tom Kolniak, senior director of marketing at ATTO Technology, Inc. “What sets ATTO apart is our extensive history of SAS/SATA development, creating Thunderbolt solutions and working to create products which are optimized to meet modern workflow demands.”
The increased performance of Thunderbolt 3 allows users to maximize their workflow, providing flexibility in otherwise restrictive considerations like lead times, footprints, personnel costs and scheduling. ThunderLink 3128 has been certified for both Mac and Windows and supports the latest Thunderbolt 3 platforms including all-in-ones and desktop and mobile workstations.
In addition to the latest Thunderbolt 3 platforms, ThunderLink 3128 has been interoperability tested with popular media and entertainment applications, HDDs, SSDs and the latest LTO-8 tape drives.
Connecting a Thunderbolt 3 to 12Gb SAS/SATA adapter outfitted with LTO 8 tape drives provides a simple and affordable means to store, archive and transport large amounts of content. This combination is a cost effective way to manage media files and their ever-increasing sizes (UHD, 4K, 3D, etc.). ThunderLink 3128 also provides a faster ROI for storage by addressing the need to grow storage capacity on the fly which has become more critical than ever across a number of industries.
The 3128 is the latest in a comprehensive portfolio of ATTO ThunderLink adapters providing solutions in Thunderbolt 3 and 2 environments for Fibre Channel, Ethernet and SAS/SATA connectivity. ThunderLink adapters deliver creative, engineering and technical professionals a high performance and low latency Thunderbolt connectivity solution engineered for applications where optimized performance and high throughput are essential.
- Up to 2750 MB/s maximum throughput via USB-C Ports
- Dual 40Gb Thunderbolt with Display Port and device daisy-chain support
- US model: includes 110V power cord
- EU model: includes CEE 7/7 (SHUKO) power cord and BS 1363 UK10 power cord
- Supports up to 3500 drives or tape drives via expanders
- Supports macOS and Windows
- Exclusive Advanced Data Streaming (ADS ) Technology
- ATTO Config Tool, a Graphical User Interface, for customized performance settings
- Proven interoperability with support for leading storage hardware & software vendors
- 3-year standard product warranty
- RoHS Compliant
- Compatible with latest Thunderbolt 2 Apple hosts via legacy adapter
- Kensington Security Slot for additional security via Kensington Lock
- Includes locking power supply to fasten directly and securely with ATTO Thunderbolt adapters
To browse the entire ATTO Technology family of connectivity solutions, visit: www.atto.com
Purchase ATTO products through leading Value Added Resellers, System Integrators and the ATTO Web Store. Learn more: www.atto.com/howtobuy/