SMART Modular Technologies, Inc., a subsidiary of SMART Global Holdings, Inc., and a leader in specialty memory, storage and hybrid solutions including memory modules, Flash memory cards and other solid state storage products, today announced the introduction of three new families of SSD products on display this week at the 2019 Flash Memory Summit in Santa Clara, CA.
The three new Enterprise Grade SSD product families – the S1800, the Q400 and the R800 – offer the quality, performance and reliability expected in business critical applications in storage, networking, data communication and industrial embedded market segments. These SSD products are designed for performance consistency in continuous workload conditions.
Features of the new PCIe NVMe and SATA products being showcased at the Flash Memory Summit include:
S1800 (PCIe NVMe)
- The S1800 SSD product family is SMART’s first PCIe NVMe SSD product designed for high-performance enterprise application.
- Available in M.2 2280 and 2.5″ U.2 form factors, S1800 products feature PCIe Gen 3×4 interface with read and write performance up to 3,200 MB/s and 1,000 MB/s, respectively.
- Advanced end-to-end data protection, robust internal memory error detection/correction and fault recovery capabilities allow S1800 SSD products to operate continuously for extended periods with high tolerance to single-event upset (SEU).
Q400 and Q400-S (SATA)
- Enterprise-class drives featuring performance, reliability, and security for 24/7 operation with extended lifecycle.
- The Q400 in standard M.2 2280 and mSATA (MO-300) form factors supports a wide range of drive capacities in both commercial and industrial temperature ranges.
- The Q400-S M.2 2280 drives feature SMART Modular’s proprietary SafeDATA technology, for best-of-class protection against data loss in sudden power loss events.
- The R800 2.5″ SATA and M.2 2280 product line offers excellent sustained random read/write and sustained sequential read/write performance.
- Built with Triple Level Cell (TLC) 3D NAND Flash, SMART’s R800 SATA and M.2 2280 drives are available with capacities ranging from 240GB to 7680GB and from 240GB to 1920GB in the 2.5″ and the M.2 2280 form factors, respectively.
- Enterprise features rich, high performance and reliable, R800 SSD products offer TCG Opal 2.0 security as standard.
“One-size-fits-all is not always the best solution for business-critical applications”, said Victor Tsai, Flash Product Director at SMART Modular Technologies. “The new S1800, Q400 and R800 SSD product families offer our customers a full portfolio of enterprise-grade SSD products they can choose from for their needs.”
The 2019 Flash Memory Summit will be held August 6-8 at the Santa Clara Convention Center and expects to draw more than 6,500 attendees and 120 exhibitors.