Conclusion and Verdict
I wonder why I have waited so long to check out a device like this. These are extremely convenient and offer a wide array of uses for many types of setups. The fact that you can use the same monitor and peripheral setup for 2 separate systems is an awesome feature that I missed out on for some time now. Those days are far behind me now that I have a KVM TK-216i Switch in my hands. From my time testing this I wouldn’t praise it for data transfer file so I would continue to use the USB 3.0 on my actual PC. By the time you have all your peripherals hooked up you probably wont have a free USB on the switch anyways. If you do use it for transfer files from the USB port you will be limited to the 2.0 speeds.
Over all the picture quality would be what you expect. The picture quality didn’t seem downgraded at all. I tried a few games, watched a few videos and edited the pictures for this review. And through all that I never had any flaws show up. The only down side, if you are a serious gamer, the refresh rate is limited to 60Hz. Not a deal breaker but somewhat of a bummer when you have a 2080 super you couldn’t fully utilize.
- Ability to control 2 separate system with one set of peripherals
- 4k resolution support
- USB powered
- Switch devices with the push of a button
- Small footprint
- Cables are sufficient in length
- Limited to 60Hz refresh rate
The Trendnet 2-Port 4K HDMI KVM TK-216i Switch is a device that will bring an amazing amount of convenience if you have been going back and forth between 2 systems routinely. Now you can push a button and have instant access to both PC’s while not have to change keyboards or change inputs on the screen!
- Schiit Audio Hel High Power DAC/AMP Review
- Creative Sound Blaster X3 with Super X-Fi®Review
- EVGA NU Audio Card Review
- Philips TAPH805BK Wireless Bluetooth Headphone Review
- AIAIAI TMA-2 HD Modular Headphone Review
- Philips TABH305 Bass+ Wireless Headphone Review