- Use it as a great music DAC/amp. Use the front-panel gain switch to cover virtually every headphone need, from sensitive IEMs to low-efficiency planars.
- Use it as a DAC/preamp. Connect to powered monitors or speaker amps using the variable outputs on the back.
- Use it as an amp. Connect your phone (or any other analog source) to the convenient rear jack, and switch with a front-panel control.
- Use it with phones, tablets, or computers with low-powered USB ports. Hel reports as a 0mA device. We’ve included a second USB port for power input and a 2.1A USB power supply.
- You don’t need to be a gamer to appreciate the quality of Hel. Works great for music, conferencing, etc. Designed and Built in California. Product is supplied with a 110 – 120V US power supply suitable for use in the United States, Canada, and Mexico. This power supply will not work in 220 – 240V countries.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20Khz, +/-0.3db
- Maximum Power, 16 Ohms: 1200mW RMS
- Maximum Power, 32 ohms: 1000mW RMS
- Maximum Power, 50 ohms: 650mW RMS
- Maximum Power, 300 ohms: 200mW RMS
- THD: <0.0015%, 20Hz-20KHz, at 1V RMS
- IMD: <0.0015%, CCIR
- SNR: >108db, A-weighted, referenced to 1V RMS
- Crosstalk: >-80dB, 20Hz-20KHz
- Output Impedance (headphones): 0.25 ohms
- Output Impedance (line out): 75 ohms
- Input Impedance (rear 1/8″ jack): 10k ohms
- Gain: 1 (0dB) or 5 (14dB)
- USB Receiver: C-Media CM6631A
- DAC: AKM AK4490 with TI OPA1662-based filter stage
- Sample Rates and Bit Depths: 16/44.1 to 24/192 supported without drivers on Windows 10, Mac, Linux, Android (UAC 2 device)
- Output Stage: TI OPA1688 (4 amp stages per channel)
- Power Supply: Via USB, with +/- 12V rails via high-current dual-polarity switching regulator, with inductor filtering and local regulation
- Power Consumption: 2.5W typical
- Size: 5 x 3.5 x 1.375” (including knob)
- Weight: 13oz
Now let us open the box and see what awaits us!
As far as the packaging goes the Schiit Hel will arrive in your minimal packaging. Everything is placed tightly into a tight mold and stays put when you shake the package around.
- x2 USB Micro Cables
- 1/4″ to 1/8″ Adapter
- 2.1A 5VDC Wall Adapter
Now let us take a Closer Look and check out the Performance of the Hel on the next page!