Conclusion and Verdict
I’ve seen much larger coolers which were rated at lower TDP than the NH-U14S TR4-SP3 so I’m glad to see there is no need to install dual-tower cooler to handle AMD Threadripper and still receive top performance. This design also helps with the installation of really tall memory modules and is not so heavy.
We are used to seeing high-quality products from Noctua so I think I don’t have to repeat myself. We just know that Noctua has the highest quality cooling products. Period. I won’t be surprised to see improved version if this cooler in couple of months.
Noctua NH-U14S TR4-SP3 costs $10 more than the NH-U12S and NH-U9 coolers, it’s also rated at higher TDP and is simply the best performing cooler from the TR4 family. I think that $10 higher price is not so much if we expect the best performance. The NH-U14S TR4-SP3 costs USD $79 on Amazon what makes it really interesting option for the Threadripper processors.
The same as other Noctua coolers, also this one is covered by six-year warranty.
- High performance
- High quality
- Clearly the best air cooling for AMD Threadripper on the market
- Quiet even at max fan speed
- Compatible with tall memory kits
- Nothing worth to mention
Noctua NH-U14S TR4-SP3 is the cooler for the most demanding users. You won’t find anything better that isn’t expensive water cooling kit. The NH-U14S is really quiet and well-performing cooler which combines all the features you may need and for daily challenges.
It’s hard not to recommend Noctua NH-U14S TR4-SP3 so it’s obvious it receives FunkyKit’s Editor’s Choice Award!
- Noctua NH-U9 TR4-SP3 AMD Threadripper CPU Cooler Review
- Noctua NH-L9a-AM4 Compact CPU Cooler Review
- Noctua NH-L12S CPU Cooler Review
- Noctua NH-D15 SE-AM4 Cooler Review
- Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4 Cooler Review
- Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4 CPU Cooler Review
- Noctua NH-L9i Compact CPU Cooler Review
- Noctua NH-C14S CPU Cooler Review