Conclusion and Verdict
The SilentStorm Cool Zero 850W PSU from Sharkoon made a very positive impression. It’s our first PSU in tests from Sharkoon and the same as other products from this brand; it’s worth our recommendation.
The PSU is quiet and keeps stable voltages. It also handles high wattage setups. There is not much more we could expect of the PSU.
Depending on the store, the PSU has two or three years of warranty, which is relatively short. I would expect about five years of warranty for a high-quality PSU.
Sharkoon SilentStorm Cool Zero 850W costs around €120 in the German Amazon store. It’s less than some other brands ask for 850W 80+ Gold units. Many brands sell 650-700W at about the same price, so we can say that the Sharkoon option is inexpensive.
- 80+ Gold certificate
- High efficiency
- can handle 850W or even more of continuous load
- Fully modular
- Zero RPM mode
- Fan delay mode
- Quiet, even under high load
- Cables could be braided
- Quite short warranty
The Sharkoon SilentStorm Cool Zero 850W PSU is clearly worth our recommendation, especially for all those users who really care about using high-quality components in their PSUs. It’s a great PSU for gaming. It’s inexpensive, it’s fully modular and offers high efficiency, as well as quiet operation at full load.
Sharkoon SilentStorm Cool Zero 850W 80+ Gold PSU receives well deserved Editor’s Choice Award!
- Sharkoon Light² 200 White Gaming Mouse Review
- Sharkoon Elite Shark CA700 Gaming Chassis Review
- Sharkoon Light² 180 Gaming Mouse and SKILLER SGP30 Big Hex Mousepad Review
- Cooler Master MWE Gold 850 V2 Full Modular Power Supply Review
- Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 1000W Power Supply Review
- Gigabyte P1000GM Power Supply Review
- Cougar GEX 850 Power Supply Review
- Enermax MarbleBron 650W 80+ Bronze PSU Review
- Cooler Master V750 Gold-V2 White Edition PSU Review