Today we will be taking a quick look at the SmallRig Cage Canon EOS M3 and M6 – 2130. What is it? and what does it? Well, the SmallRig Cage – model 2130 is exactly as the name suggests … it’s a versatile camera cage for your Canon EOS M3/M6.
The camera cage is made from Aluminium Alloy which gives it a solid and robust construction. It’s also pretty compact and super light-weight, weighing at only 160g. It features a built-in Arca Swiss QR plate with threaded holes, and 4 mounting interfaces for accessories such as microphones and monitors.
- The First cage designed for EOS M6 and M3 in the market;
- 4 mounting interfaces (cold shoe, NATO rail, threaded holes and Arri locating holes) for accessories such as microphones and monitors;
- Built-in Arca Swiss QR plate and threaded holes on the bottom for monopods;
- Comfortable grip added;
- Form-fitting design with unobstructed battery, buttons and SD card access.
This cage provides multiple mounting interfaces for accessories. It mounts to the camera’s tripod socket with a 1/4’’-20 screw and prevents twisting around the camera. On the SmallRig Top Handle 1984 can be mounted. The built-in cold shoe on the left is designed for mounting a microphone, while on the right the external cold shoe 2044 can be attached. NATO rails and Arri locating holes are compatible with Magic Arm 2071 and 2115 for monitors. Attach the HDMI clamp 1693 to fix the HDMI cable. The cage features a built-in Arca Swiss QR plate on the bottom for monopods.
- Compatibility: Canon EOS M6; Canon EOS M3
- Package Includes: 1 x Canon Camera Cage
- Product Dimensions: 133 x 58 x 83mm
- Net Weight: 160g
- Materials: Aluminum Alloy
- SKU: 2130
Installed on the Canon M6
The Finished Item
Verdict and Conclusion
I love this camera cage. It’s just what I need. I now have loads of option to mount microphones, monitors and any other devices without restrictions. Best of all, the battery cover is unobstructed, which means I can change the battery or access my SD card at any time, without having to remove the camera plate each time.
The build quality is excellent, thanks to the Aluminium Alloy, which gives it a solid and robust construction. I also like its compact size and weight (only 160g). What’s more, the camera cage features a built-in Arca Swiss QR plate with threaded holes, as well as 4 mounting interfaces for accessories such as microphones and monitors.
If you own a Canon EOS M3/M6, this camera cage is perfect for vloggers who wants to film outdoors with all their favourite devices attached – unobstructed!
SmallRig also supply a universal top handle, as well as a cold shoe extension for this camera cage at extra cost. Cehck out their website for more information.
- Light-weight only 160g
- Aluminium Alloy material
- Solid and robust construction
- Quick and easy access to battery
- Loads of mounting options
- The Best Vlogging Camera? Meet the Canon EOS M6 Mirrorless Camera
- Adding a Rode VideoMic Me to Your Canon EOS M6
- Smallrig Cage – Camera Rig Setup for Sony a6300
- Sony Alpha α6300 Mirrorless Camera – Quick Hands-on