Conclusion and Verdict
ASRock Z690 Extreme is one more motherboard from the Extreme series, which offers us high performance and stability. On the other hand, we won’t find too many additional things that usually raise the price but do not necessarily give us a much better experience. I wish to see at least a WiFi/Bluetooth from additional controllers that isn’t available in the European version. Besides that, we get everything that gamers need, from solid power design to fast storage and LAN. The motherboard also supports ARGB/RGB. This feature is a must in new gaming motherboards.
The Z690 Extreme passed all our tests without issues. The performance was excellent, and there were no problems with stability. The motherboard has a strong power design and supports all available processors for the LGA1700. It also supports memory kits up to DDR4-5000+ or DDR4-4000 at Gear 1. Even the initial BIOS is well prepared, so I can say a good job, ASRock team, as most other brands had problems with that.
ASRock Z690 Extreme motherboard costs around $350 in the Amazon US store. It’s not cheap, and you can probably find it under $300 in some other stores. A price below $300 already sounds pretty reasonable.
- High performance
- High quality
- Easy to use BIOS/UEFI
- High compatibility with various devices
- Graphics card holder
- RGB/ARGB support and full synchronization
- No WiFi/Bluetooth in the EU version
The Z690 Extreme is another excellent motherboard from ASRock. It’s also one of the few Z690 motherboards released without BIOS problems, which means we’re able to get a fast and reliable setup for our exceptional gaming PC. The Z690 Extreme is clearly worth the recommendation to all those who want a problem-free and high performance system at an affordable price.
ASRock Z690 Extreme receives FunkyKit’s Editor’s Choice Award!
- ASRock Z690 Steel Legend WiFi 6E Motherboard Review
- ASRock X570S PG Riptide Motherboard Review
- ASRock B550 PG Riptide Motherboard Review
- ASRock Z590 PG Velocita Motherboard Review
- ASRock B550 TAICHI – RAZER EDITION Motherboard Review
- ASRock X570 TAICHI – RAZER EDITION Motherboard Review
- ASRock X570 PG Velocita Motherboard Review
- ASRock B550 Extreme4 Motherboard Review