ASRock have released a wide range of motherboards based on the AMD B550 chipset, and we’ve been busy testing the whole product line and presenting each one of them to you. Today we’ll be taking a look at the B550 Extreme4. The Extreme4 series is well known for its great value and high performance. This is one of the reasons why it became a popular option for gamers over the years.
The Extreme4 looks similar to other ASRock’s motherboards, like the Velocita or the Steel Legend, but they all have significant differences. To find out what is unique in the B550 Extreme4 motherboard, you have to read our review.
If you’re not too sure what the main differences are between the X570 and the B550 chipset, here is an easy chart for comparison. Basically, the X570 offers full PCIe Gen4 support for both the general purpose lanes and CPU chipset uplinks, which will allow for faster performance, while the B550 can only provide PCIe Gen3 support for those lanes.
And to be honest, you won’t see that much of a difference in performance between the two. One of the B550 chipset advantages is that their motherboards are cheaper and attractively priced while offering similar performance to the X570.
ASRock Inc. is established in 2002, specialized in the field of motherboards. ASRock strives to build up its own brand. With the 3C design concept, “Creativity, Consideration, Cost-effectiveness”, the company explores the limit of motherboards manufacturing while paying attention on the eco issue at the same time, developing products with the consideration of eco-friendly concept.
ASRock has been growing fast and become world third largest motherboard brand with headquarter in Taipei, Taiwan and branches in Europe and the USA. The young and vibrant company targets from mainstream to enthusiast MB segments for different kinds of users, owning reputation around the world market with its reliability and proficiency.
Key features of the ASRock B550 Extreme4:
- Supports 3rd Gen AMD AM4 Ryzen™ / Future AMD Ryzen™ Processors
- 14 Power Phase Design, Digi Power, Dr. MOS
- Supports DDR4 4733+ (OC)
- 1 PCIe 4.0 x16, 1 PCIe 3.0 x16, 2 PCIe 3.0 x1, 1 M.2 Key E for WiFi
- Graphics Output Options: HDMI
- AMD CrossFireX™
- 7.1 CH HD Audio (Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec), Nahimic Audio
- 6 SATA3, 1 Hyper M.2 (PCIe Gen4 x4), 1 M.2 (PCIe Gen3 x2 & SATA3)
- 2 USB 3.2 Gen2 (Rear Type A+C), 5 USB 3.2 Gen1 (2 Front, 2 Rear, 1 Front Type-C)
- Dragon 2.5G LAN
- ASRock Z490 Steel Legend Motherboard Review
- ASRock H470 Steel Legend Motherboard Review
- ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ax Motherboard Review
- ASRock B550 Steel Legend Motherboard Review
- ASRock B550 PG Velocita Motherboard Review
- ASRock B550M Steel Legend Motherboard Review
- ASRock B550 Taichi Motherboard Review
- ASRock X570 Creator Motherboard Review
- ASRock X570 Steel Legend Motherboard Review
- ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming X Motherboard Review