Whenever Intel launches a new generation of processors, there will always come a full line of new motherboards. The Alder Lake-S gave us multiple choices with many different features. ASRock is well prepared for the latest processors and since it’s one of the top motherboard manufacturers, they always promises solid options for gamers and computer enthusiasts.
In this review will cover one of the most popular motherboard series under the ASRock brand … the Z690 Extreme. For years this series has been on the top of popularity because of its high performance, high overclocking potential, and reasonable price, which is always a deciding factor.
This review will tell you how much to offer has the Z690 Extreme motherboard and how it performs in popular tests and games. Before we give you some answers, let’s pass through a long list of specifications and features to know what we are talking about.
ASRock Inc. is established in 2002, specialized in the field of motherboards. ASRock strives to build up its own brand. With the 3C design concept, “Creativity, Consideration, Cost-effectiveness”, the company explores the limit of motherboards manufacturing while paying attention on the eco issue at the same time, developing products with the consideration of eco-friendly concept.
ASRock has been growing fast and become world third largest motherboard brand with headquarter in Taipei, Taiwan and branches in Europe and the USA. The young and vibrant company targets from mainstream to enthusiast MB segments for different kinds of users, owning reputation around the world market with its reliability and proficiency.
Key features of the ASRock Z690 Extreme:
- Supports 12th Gen Intel® Core™ Processors (LGA1700)
- 13 Phase SPS Dr.MOS Power Design
- Supports DDR4 5000MHz (OC)
- 1 PCIe 5.0 x16, 1 PCIe 4.0 x16, 1 PCIe 3.0 x16, 1 PCIe 3.0 x1
- Graphics Output Options: HDMI, DisplayPort
- Realtek ALC1220 7.1 CH HD Audio Codec, Nahimic Audio
- 8 SATA3
- 2 Hyper M.2 (PCIe Gen4 x4)
1 Ultra M.2 (PCIe Gen3 x4 & SATA3)
- 1 USB 3.2 Gen2x2 Front Type-C
2 USB 3.2 Gen2 (Rear Type A+C)
8 USB 3.2 Gen1 (4 Rear, 4 Front)
- Dragon 2.5G LAN, Intel® Gigabit LAN
- ASRock Graphics Card Holder
- ASRock Z690 Steel Legend WiFi 6E Motherboard Review
- ASRock X570S PG Riptide Motherboard Review
- ASRock B550 PG Riptide Motherboard Review
- ASRock Z590 PG Velocita Motherboard Review
- ASRock B550 TAICHI – RAZER EDITION Motherboard Review
- ASRock X570 TAICHI – RAZER EDITION Motherboard Review
- ASRock X570 PG Velocita Motherboard Review
- ASRock B550 Extreme4 Motherboard Review