Conclusion and Verdict
The Biostar B550M-Silver motherboard seems like a perfect choice for gamers who are on the budget but don’t want to sacrifice the performance. The motherboard performs well and provides high stability. During the tests, there were no problems at all. Of course, we could expect some things to be improved, but it’s still an excellent option for the given price.
The Biostar B550M-Silver motherboard costs around USD $150 Amazon (US) or €135 on Amazon (Germany). It’s about the same price in other stores, but you can find it even cheaper. This is a very reasonable deal for all we receive, so a solid base with additional gaming features.
I only wish to see an installed WiFi/Bluetooth controller, but it would raise the motherboard’s price, and not all users need it.
Like all new Biostar motherboards, the B550M-Silver is compatible with Windows 11, which was proven in our tests.
- High performance
- Easy to use BIOS/UEFI
- High compatibility with various devices
- RGB/ARGB support and full synchronization
- Compatible with Windows 11
- No WiFi/Bluetooth (available M.2 socket)
- No M.2 heatsinks
The Biostar B550M-Silver is a feature-rich motherboard that provides high performance at a very affordable price. If you are building an AMD Ryzen based PC and searching for an inexpensive gaming motherboard that won’t let you down, you can count that the B550M-Silver will be a good option.
Biostar B550M-Silver receives the Funky Kit’s Recommended Award as it’s a very successful motherboard!
- Biostar Z690A Valkyrie Gaming Motherboard Review
- BIOSTAR Z590I Valkyrie Motherboard Review
- BIOSTAR Racing X570GTA Motherboard Review
- BIOSTAR M700 Series M.2 PCI-E Gen3x4 NVMe 512GB SSD Review
- ASRock X570 TAICHI – RAZER EDITION Motherboard Review
- Colorful CVN B550M Gaming Frozen V14 Motherboard Review
- SUPERO Core Gaming C9Z590-CGW Motherboard Review
- ASRock B550M Steel Legend Motherboard Review