Today, we will be taking a quick look at the Patriot PXD external SSD, which only made its debut a few months ago. The Patriot PXD is an external SSD storage devices that uses the M.2 PCIE TYPE-C interface, and comes in various capacities from 512GB to 2TB. Although there are many external USB SSDs on the market, there aren’t many that use the much faster M.2 PCI-E interface, which apparently offers much better performance. In this review, we will test the 1TB version of the Patriot PXD external SSD, which promises some exceptional results.
Let’s begin the review with specifications and features, and next, we will move to performance tests, which are clearly a more exciting part of the article.
Patriot’s PXD external SSD is the next generation of portable storage. The PXD bridges the gap between USB 3.2 flash drives and high speed PCIe based SSDs. Equipped with the Latest PCIe gen 3 x 4 controller, the PXD supports the SuperSpeed USB 10Gbps standard.
With its USB 3.2 Type-C connector, the PXD ships with two cables (type-C to type-A, and type-C to type-C) for compatibility with the latest PCs, laptops, and MacBook®. Setup is a breeze, just plug and play like any USB flash drive. The sleek, compact, aluminium body is designed for maximum durability. At just over 10 cm X 3 cm, and weighing in at just 35gms, the PXD is the perfect solution for those who need large superfast storage in a compact design.
The PXD is the ideal choice for those road warriors who are on the go, extending the storage of your favourite gaming consoles, or storing your favourite video or music libraries. Backed by Patriot’s 3-year warranty and customer support, the Patriot PXD External SSD is the perfect option for any PC or Mac system user looking for maximum capacity and high-speed storage solutions.
- Phison E13T Series Controller; Latest USB 3.2 Type-C Interface
- Capacity up to 2TB; Bus speed up to 10Gbit/sec
- Type-C to Type-C, Type-C to Type-A cable included
- SEQ Performance Read up to 1,000MB/s, Write up to 1,000MB/s; 4K Aligned Random Write: up to 85K IOPs
- 3 Year Warranty; O/S Supported: Windows 7*/8.0*/8.1/10
- Patriot Viper V380 Gaming Headset Review
- Patriot Viper RGB 16GB DDR4-3600 Memory Kit Review
- Patriot Viper VP4100 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 x4 M.2 SSD Review
- Patriot Viper 4 Blackout 16GB DDR4-3600 CL17 AMD Ryzen Memory Review
- Patriot P200 512GB 2.5″ SATA SSD Review
- Silicon Power A56 256GB SATA III SSD Review
- Patriot Viper VPN100 512GB M.2 PCIe SSD Review